The Seattle International Foundation (SIF) was founded as a supporting organization to The Seattle Foundation for the purpose of increasing and enhancing international philanthropy and global development efforts in the Pacific Northwest and to serve as a resource to our community. SIF’s financial support is very strategic in nature. It seeks to bring about changes in attitudes and practices that lead to social change, greater equity in opportunity and reductions in poverty. SIF’s regional focus is Central America and SIF’s investment areas are:
• Women’s leadership;
• Youth leadership;
• Social enterprise;
• The rule of law.
Organization: The Seattle International Foundation
Address: 500 Union Street, Suite 801 Seattle, WA 98101
Title: Social Media, Research and Program Support intern
Commitment: 15-20 hours a week
• Develop a social media and communication strategy related to development issues in Latin America.
• Create a blog to serve as an online network for organizations to communicate and find relevant resources and news in the region.
• Follow news related to international development, poverty alleviation, and philanthropy to share relevant articles with key audiences.
• Be familiar with the landscape of online platforms and networks related to Latin America, global development, international philanthropy and the areas of interest of the Foundation.
• Find innovative solutions to SIF’s communications and social media needs.
• Understand and be able to apply the concept of usability to SIF’s web pages.
• Able to work independently
• Strong interest / knowledge about Cuba required
• Strong communications skills, especially producing professional reports and concisely summarizing research assignments
• Excellent research skills
• Experience in international development
• Experience with grant making and the nature of foundation work a plus
• Enthusiastic and shows initiative in advancing the mission of the Foundation
• Facility with computer programs, including Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Contribute, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign, Adobe Acrobat Pro, database experience preferred
• Facility with social media tools such as Facebook, WordPress, Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, YouTube, Google Reader, etc.
• Knowledge of and ability to navigate related blogs and online information sources
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org