PATH is an international, nonprofit organization that creates sustainable, culturally relevant solutions, enabling communities worldwide to break longstanding cycles of poor health. PATH’s mission is to improve the health of people around the world by advancing technologies, strengthening systems, and encouraging healthy behaviors.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements. Applications will be accepted through Monday, February 7, 2011.
The Office of the President (OTP) optimizes leadership effectiveness by delivering executive support services, managing special initiatives, and facilitating organization-wide efforts. As a member of the OTP team, the Administrative Assistant will support these efforts. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, organized, able to exercise good judgment, adaptable to changing priorities, and willing to pitch in as needed to meet deadlines and achieve team objectives.
Team Assignment: General OTP Support, 50%
– Provide general administrative support for the OTP team, including scheduling; basic correspondence; document preparation, distribution, and retention; and completion of administrative forms.
– Handle arrangements for meetings, events, and video/teleconferences, including preparation of meeting materials, optimal use of technology, and refreshments.
– Help support annual, three-day meeting of PATH’s international board of directors, including all aspects of meeting logistics, assembling materials, and overseeing catering.
– Assist with travel planning and completion of travel expense reports.
– Assist with information-gathering for reports, surveys, briefs, and presentations, including compiling data into creative and polished formats.
– Achieve PATH proofreader certification and serve as OTP proofreader.
– Post information on PATH’s intranet and SharePoint sites.
– Maintain President’s Contacts database.
– Provide backup to the Executive Assistant to the President.
Team Assignment: Decade of Vaccines (DoV) Initiative Support, 50%
– Provide general administrative support for the DoV team, including scheduling; document preparation, distribution, and retention; and completion of administrative forms.
– Help facilitate communication among the DoV Secretariat, working groups, and international stakeholders.
– Handle arrangements for DoV meetings, events, and video/teleconferences, including preparation of meeting agendas, materials, and minutes and technical support.
– Assist with travel planning and completion of travel expense reports/reimbursements for project staff and committee members for international meetings.
– Assist Project Manager with compiling and editing reports.
– Organize and maintain hardcopy and electronic archive of project documentation.
– Assist Project Manager with maintenance of the project IT platform and webpage.
– Assist Project Manager with preparing budgets and internal financial reports.
– Excellent verbal and written communication
– Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information
– Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
– Proficient in preparation of polished reports and presentations
– Excellent attention to detail
– Able to juggle multiple assignments, adaptable to changing priorities
Minimum two-year degree; ideal candidate will have between two and five years of administrative assistant experience.
How to Apply:
To apply: visit our career site, http://www.path.org/employment.php, search for the job and apply online. PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.