Organization: Northwest Hydraulic Consultants
Title: GIS Specialist
Location: Seattle, WA USA
NHC is seeking a GIS Specialist to work in our Seattle office. The GIS Specialist will provide project support to engineers on a variety of water resources engineering projects, such as floodplain mapping, hydrologic and hydraulic model development, and river restoration. Primary duties will include use of ArcGIS for mapping and figure production; spatial analysis using ESRI tools and extensions, including topographic data analysis; map creation and publishing; and GIS technical support, including geospatial data acquisition and management. Requirements include two years of demonstrated experience completing work as described above, proficiency using the ArcGIS suite of products (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst), experience creating FGDC metadata, and excellent communication skills. Python scripting and/or ModelBuilder experience is desirable, as is some familiarity with AutoCAD. Some background or experience in water resources is also a plus.
The ideal candidate will have:
• 2-3 years of experience in GIS
• BS or MS in Geography, Civil Engineering, Environmental Science or related discipline.
• Proficiency in ArcGIS suite of products, geodatabase concepts and development, and FGDC metadata creation.
• Python scripting experience for ArcGIS.
• Experience with AutoCAD.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Must be able to work as part of a team.
Other Information: NHC offers a challenging and rewarding workplace where staff share a common interest in advancing the state of water resource technology and solving real-world problems for our clients. We provide career growth and development opportunities; a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; and a 401(k) plan. NHC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Submittals: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of references. Cover letters should address the candidate’s career goals as well as their experience and interest in water resources. Applications may be submitted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or sent to the address below:
Northwest Hydraulic Consultants
16300 Christensen Road, Ste. 350
Seattle, WA 98188
Attention: Patty Dillon
The Seattle International Foundation (SIF) was founded as a supporting organization to The Seattle Foundation for the purpose of increasing and enhancing international philanthropy and global development efforts in the Pacific Northwest and to serve as a resource to our community. SIF’s financial support is very strategic in nature. It seeks to bring about changes in attitudes and practices that lead to social change, greater equity in opportunity and reductions in poverty. SIF’s regional focus is Central America and SIF’s investment areas are:
• Women’s leadership;
• Youth leadership;
• Social enterprise;
• The rule of law.
Organization: The Seattle International Foundation
Address: 500 Union Street, Suite 801 Seattle, WA 98101
Title: Social Media, Research and Program Support intern
Commitment: 15-20 hours a week
• Develop a social media and communication strategy related to development issues in Latin America.
• Create a blog to serve as an online network for organizations to communicate and find relevant resources and news in the region.
• Follow news related to international development, poverty alleviation, and philanthropy to share relevant articles with key audiences.
• Be familiar with the landscape of online platforms and networks related to Latin America, global development, international philanthropy and the areas of interest of the Foundation.
• Find innovative solutions to SIF’s communications and social media needs.
• Understand and be able to apply the concept of usability to SIF’s web pages.
• Able to work independently
• Strong interest / knowledge about Cuba required
• Strong communications skills, especially producing professional reports and concisely summarizing research assignments
• Excellent research skills
• Experience in international development
• Experience with grant making and the nature of foundation work a plus
• Enthusiastic and shows initiative in advancing the mission of the Foundation
• Facility with computer programs, including Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Contribute, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign, Adobe Acrobat Pro, database experience preferred
• Facility with social media tools such as Facebook, WordPress, Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, YouTube, Google Reader, etc.
• Knowledge of and ability to navigate related blogs and online information sources
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com