The Borgen Project (http://www.borgenproject.org/) is selecting a strong leader to assist the President of The Borgen Project. The selected candidate will be part of all day-to-day operations. The Borgen Project believes that leaders of the most powerful nation on earth should be doing more to address global poverty. We’re the innovative, national campaign that is working to make poverty a focus of U.S. foreign policy.
- Serve as a liaison between the President and various stakeholders.
- Schedule meetings and trave itineraries.
- Assist with launching new programs.
- Handle misc. tasks as the arise.
The position is 30-hours per week, M-TH (can be more hours if selected candidate needs the hours), unpaid, 4-month position. Bachelors Degree, Masters preferred. The Borgen Project is located in Downtown Seattle.
In a Nutshell: The Borgen Project fights global poverty.
Our Vision: The Borgen Project is creating a political force for
the world’s poor. We’re building an influential ally for the most
neglected, ignored and destitute people on the planet and building a
powerful poverty-reduction movement that can champion
Trademarks: The Borgen Project is known for being tech savvy,
nonpartisan and having access to congressional leaders on a
- Advocate: We meet with U.S. leaders to secure their support for crucial poverty reduction legislation.
- Mobilize: We mobilize people across the globe behind efforts to make poverty a political priority.
- Educate: We teach basic advocacy skills that allow citizens to communicate with their government.
- Issue Messaging: We build awareness of global issues and innovations in poverty-reduction.
To apply: Send a resume to email@example.com.
The Northwest Regional Primary Care Association is an association of community and migrant health centers in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington. The Executive Assistant provides principal administrative support to the CEO and general administrative support to the organization under the direction of the CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Administrative support for the CEO and Board of Directors:
1. Supports CEO, including coordinating his/her calendar and travel, processing expense reports; handling general correspondence; scheduling and handling meeting details and logistics; maintaining electronic and paper files; and assisting in document production and dissemination.
2. Provides support for meetings of and communications to NWRPCA’s Board of Directors, and Board committees as assigned, including coordinating meeting logistics, drafting and disseminating meeting notices, agendas and informational materials; and preparing minutes for Board and Executive Committee meetings.
3. Ensures that proper notification is given of directors’ and members’ meetings as specified in the bylaws.
4. Manages the general correspondence of the Board of Directors except for such correspondence assigned to others.
5. Ensures that an up-to-date copy of the bylaws is available at all meetings.
6. Provides administrative support to the CEO for planning conference events, including plenaries, keynotes, ad hoc meetings, receptions, and health center tours.
B. General Administrative Support
1. Route mail (open checks for internal control purposes), greet visitors, and provide back-up phone answering (shared duty with Accounting Associate).
2. Provide staff support to NWRPCA education and training events as requested.
3. Other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree preferred
2. Demonstrable experience in general office procedures and equipment.
3. Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and MS Outlook strongly preferred.
4. Professional telephone manner.
5. Excellent spelling, grammar and proofreading skills.
6. Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with strong attention to detail.
7. Ability to work as a team member and work effectively with diverse people.
8. Ability to maintain confidential information.
9. Must be flexible, self-motivated, able to carry a heavy workload, and committed to social justice.
10. Demonstrate an awareness of, a value for, and the inclusion of cultural competence in task implementation.
11. Ability to travel.
12. Physical ability to stoop, kneel, bend, use a computer and perform light lifting.
13. Demonstrate commitment to work ethic, excellence and client service, positive and upbeat demeanor, and willingness to laugh, smile, have fun.
To apply, please send a cover letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
PATH is an international, nonprofit organization that creates sustainable, culturally relevant solutions, enabling communities worldwide to break longstanding cycles of poor health. PATH’s mission is to improve the health of people around the world by advancing technologies, strengthening systems, and encouraging healthy behaviors.
External Relations’ Communications Department works to amplify and reinforce PATH’s impact. The department includes staff and expertise in five functional areas: online communication, media relations, outreach/events, graphic design, and editing and content development.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant who will provide administrative support for the Communications Director and several team leaders. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Providing scheduling assistance; organizing monthly orientation sessions for new staff, bimonthly departmental meetings, videoconferences, and other meetings.
• Helping to develop and maintain a calendar of departmental projects and deliverables, using SharePoint or a comparable database.
• Compiling and maintaining departmental metrics, project deliverables, and other cross-departmental information.
• Managing materials produced by the department, including maintaining inventories and shipping materials to PATH offices.
• Preparing PowerPoint presentations.
• Providing back-up support for existing support staff, including for the executive assistant for the VP of External Relations.
• Performing special projects as needed.
• Proactive orientation and strong problem-solving skills. Self-motivated.
• Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong proofreading skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to diplomatically communicate with department and team leaders, teammates, and internal clients.
• Excellent computer skills, including demonstrated experience with Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience with advanced features of SharePoint preferred.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
AA degree and a minimum of three years of directly related experience within a professional office environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience working with multiple teams, on multiple projects, and toward multiple deadlines strongly desired.
To apply: please visit our employment website at http://www.path.org/employment.php, click on the career site link, search for job code 4394, and apply online. PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
NOTE: Please upload a cover letter and a formatted version of your resume when you create your profile to formally apply for the position.
Start your New Year in a New Job where making a difference while having fun matters!
Who you are: Professional, Organized, Mature, a People AND Numbers Person, Own a Sense of Humor
Who we are: An educational non-profit in operations for 40 years providing early learning programming, professional development, and educational advocacy. We like to ask good questions, play, think, work hard, take photos, publish, and laugh.
24 Hours per Week
Reports to: Executive Director
Facilitates the financial and safety responsibilities of the center. Manages administrative and supportive functions for the center to ensure quality and meaningful program delivery. Provides support services to the Executive Director, HR/Registrar, Accountant, Faculty, Board of Directors, and fundraising campaigns.
1. Bachelors Degree required, Masters preferred
2. Two years or more of related experience in office management, financial systems, and customer service.
3. Two years or more experience in supervising staff.
4. Two years or more experience providing hardware and software systems support and help desk services. Very strong knowledge of computers, including word processing, database, and spreadsheet software. Experience with QuickBooks a plus.
Ability to establish priorities and to effectively manage multiple tasks. Ability to organize and create systems that are clear, efficient, and transparent. Ability to work collaboratively and to occasionally delegate to volunteers and temporary workers. Ability to effectively manage customer service issues. Ability to train, motivate and supervise others. Interest in and ability to maintain the safety and robust development of children aged 2-10. Ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
ORGANIZATION: attention to details; creation of accurate and consistent work product
JUDGEMENT: independent decision making with appropriate input as needed; ability to work within deadlines; impose boundaries around tasks, time, and ongoing responsibilities yet able to shift quickly to response to pressing matters
RELIABILITY: dependable work attendance; regular communication regarding absences; good work ethic
COMMUNICATION: clear expression in verbal and written correspondence; clarification of urgent and timely matters; transparency in messaging; willingness to discuss precarious or delicate issues and also celebrate successes
COLLABORATION: share office management duties; work well with others in a collegial, warm work environment; enjoy people; courteous and friendly
HUMOR: enjoying the joy and playfulness needed in our work; silliness is a plus!
BALANCE: commitment to both rewarding work and fulfilling home life; reflective
1.Organizes the information flow of AR/AP between the office, families, and the off-site accounting services. Is the “go-to person” for family questions regarding tuition and payments.
2. Oversees IT including systems management and maintenance, data base maintenance, systems back-up protocol and function, problem solving, and staff training. Provides Help Desk support for staff- troubleshooting problems.
3. Hires, trains, and supervises service (kitchen) personnel. Schedules kitchen staff to ensure complete kitchen coverage and smooth, licensing compliant operations.
4.Serves as the “go-to” person for managing and resolving facility and safety issues. Keeps the Emergency Plan updated, ensures timely, monthly fire drills, equipment servicing and inspections necessary for licensing. Maintains and posts the OSHA accidents/injuries/illness log.
5. Acts as the liaison with the landlord and grounds management on maintenance and repair issues.
6.Compiles office schedule ensuring complete office coverage ensuring effective service to program participants.
7. Oversees and maintains documentation for DSHS, SPU, City and third party funding sources. Maintaining DSHS log, sign-in sheet, completing and submitting Annual USDA application (with Registrar), USDA monthly claims.
8. Provides opening or closing duties of the center 2-4 times a week.
9. Supports the Annual fund raising campaign. Generally provides administrative support such as secondary support to donors and volunteers. Ensures accurate and organized campaign/event record-keeping and financials.
10. General Administrative team involvement and support including sharing the duties of answering phones, taking messages, creating and updating forms. Attending all appropriate meetings: admin team meetings, all-staff meetings, in-service, and retreat days. (Expected attendance at 3-4 weekend/evening events per year.)
11. Emergency classroom coverage as needed, quick teacher breaks, bathroom support. Looking after kids brought to office. Sharing the care and maintenance of common areas.
12. Assumes other duties as required for smooth operation of Hilltop.
Please send a resume with a REQUIRED cover letter to email@example.com. Resumes reviewed on a rolling basis, so it is advised to send your materials as early as possible if you are interested. Open until filled.