GIMC Social workers are an incredible resource. Here is some information that they put together about how and when to contact them:
What we do
We can help patients in a number of ways, from counseling to substance abuse treatment, to assistance with food, housing, and transportation.
Generally you will give our phone number to patients and invite them to call us. If we are available, the patient can be seen the same day while still in clinic.
GIM SW desk is in the NW corner, Cube #366. Business cards are sitting on the file cabinet outside.
When to contact
If a patient is threatening to kill themselves or someone else, page SW with a 911 extension to your call back number!
Offer the patient our card and invite them to call us if they are:
- In an abusive relationship (including the elderly and caregivers).
- Anxious, crying, depressed; have psychosocial/situational stress, including relationship issues, workplace stressors, grief/adjustment reactions, caregiver burnout…
- Elderly and need assistance.
- Having chemical dependency issues.
- Interested in resources for smoking cessation.
- Homeless or with unstable housing.
- Without medical insurance.
- Unable to afford medications.
- In need of transportation, food.
The primary referral method is to offer SW services to the patient and present them with a card. If a patient is unlikely to call, let me know so that I can reach out to the patient. Copy your note to me and send a staff message.
Contact info (for providers)
Jan Eisenman, LICSW