Inbox Coverage and Paging 2017 Expectations:
- Residents and interns are a “Practice Partner Group” (PPG) within their mentor attending teams.
- Residents and interns will be expected to check their EPIC inbox once per day, before 2pm, on all AMBULATORY and CONSULT rotations
- Every senior resident must check their own EPIC inbox EVERY WEEKDAY regardless of whether they are on inpatient or outpatient rotations, unless they are on vacation, WWAMI, or Naivasha rotation, in which case another resident, ideally in the same PPG, is assigned to cover their inbox.
- All messages should be responded to with at least an acknowledgement of receipt to the sender and a timeframe plan for response.
- The “Doc on Call” will be on call to cover ALL urgent matters (requiring < 24 hours attention) and pages for both the interns and residents in the Practice Partner Group that are on INPATIENT rotations from 8AM to 5PM. The DOC (or an attending) can page the PCP with questions if felt to be urgent.
- All residents and interns must check their EPIC inbox on the day following a clinic day to handle labs, imaging, etc that they ordered the day prior regardless of whether or not they are on an inpatient or outpatient rotation.
- There will be one assigned “DOC” resident per Practice Partner Group at a time. This Doc resident will provide coverage for INTERNS on their mentor team when they are on INPATIENT rotations and vacation, WWAMI, and Naivasha rotations.
- You are encouraged to still check your inbox daily as able on inpatient rotation
- Coverage for inpatient blocks through December 2017
- After this, interns will be responsible for checking their inbox EVERY WEEKDAY regardless of rotation
- If all residents from a mentor team are on vacation, inpatient, WWAMI, or Naivasha rotations, then a resident from another subteam or the mentor attending will help with inbox coverage.
- If issues arise please discuss with your clinic chief or mentor attending.
DOC, summer 2017
|6/29 – 7/2||7/3 – 7/9||7/10-7/16||7/17 – 7/23||7/24 – 7/30||7/31 – 8/6||8/7 – 8/13||8/14 – 8/20||8/21 – 8/27||8/28 – 9/3||9/4 – 9/10||9/11 – 9/17||9/18 – 9/24|