The Ginger Lab
(back) Phil, David M., Durmus, Dane, Susanne, David G., Mark, Joe, Raj, Sarah,
(front) Lucas, Tony, Wenbi, James!, Soumya, Adam, Taikai, Zhaoxia
David S. Ginger
Alvin L. and Verla R. Kwiram Endowed Professor of Chemistry
Washington Research Foundation Distinguished Scholar
Associate Director, UW Clean Energy Institute
Associate Editor, Chemical Reviews
Adjunct Professor of Physics
faculty page | teaching | department page
yanyunqi at uw.edu
colberae at uw.edu
joined spring 2012)
coxp51 at uw.edu
joined spring 2012)
ukaratay at uw.edu
joined spring 2013)
svorpahl at uw.edu
Dane de Quilettes
joined spring 2013)
dwd2 at uw.edu
joined spring 2013)
mziffer at uw.edu
joined winter 2014)
soumyadyuti1990 at gmail.com
joined winter 2015)
Dr. Jie Zhang
jz576 at uw.edu
Dr. David Moerman
moerman at uw.edu
Dr. Tony Wu
tuoqiw at uw.edu
Dr. Zhaoxia Qian
wenbiw at uw.edu
mohamj at uw.edu
colinxjsummers at gmail
rgiri at uw.edu
- Dr. Fukashi Matsumoto (2014-2015) visiting scientist
- Dr. Micah Glaz (2012-2015) has accepted a position working in the Molecular Analysis Facility at the Clean Energy Institute located at the Unversity of Washington.
- Hiro Nagaoka (2012-2014) defended his thesis and is currently working at JNC Corporation in Japan on lithium ion batteries. Congratulations!!
- Dana Sulas is now a graduate student in Professor Cody Schlenker's lab.
- Anthony Hall, undergraduate researcher 2011-2014
- Guozheng Shao, graduate student from 2009-2014, defended his thesis entitled, "Studying Internal Processes in Organic Photovoltaics through Atomic Force Microscopies." Congratulaitons Guozheng!
- Dr Fei Ma, visiting scientist
- Glennis Rayermann, graduate student UW chemistry
- Jasmine Beverly was an undergraduate researcher and Rainer Scholar, Summer 2014.
- Jonathan Casamayor was a Hooked on Photonics REU student, Summer 2014
- Samuel R. Peurifoy was a Hooked on Photonics REU student, Summer 2014.
- Cody Schlenker was a post doc in the lab from 2011-2014 and is currently an associate professor in the Department of Chemistry at University of Washington. Congratulations Cody!
- Esha Sengupta was a post doc in the lab from 2012-2014. She is currently a post doc in the Schlenker Lab at UW.
- Kristi Bischoff was an REU student in the lab and undergraduate researcher from Summer 2013-2014.
- Stephen Hsieh gradauted in 2014 from the UW Chemistry Department and was an undergraduate in the lab 2011-2014.
- Torin Dupper (2013 REU) currently a chemistry graduate student at UC Irvine.
- Michael Salvador (post doc 2009-2013) is now a research scientist working in the lab of Prof. Dr. C. J. Brabec at Bavarian Center for Applied Energy Research. Good luck, Michael!
- Elizabeth Strein (PhD student, Chemistry) successfully defended her thesis entitled, "Probing Photocurrent Generation Mechanisms in Hybrid IR-Senstive Quantum Dot/Conjugated Polymer Solar Cells." Great job Liz!!
- Matt Gliboff (PhD student, Physics) successfully defended his thesis and is now a Physics Instructor University of Washington, Bothell Congratulations Matt!
- Kristina Knesting (PhD student, Chemistry) sucessfully defended her thesis titled, "Polymer-Metal Interface Studies with Applications for Solar Cells." Way to go Kris!
- Professor Hiroaki Benten (visiting professor 2013) is currently at Kyoto University, in Japan researching polymer physics and structure
- Huanxin Ju,(visiting student 2012-2013) is currently at the University of Science and Technology of China, China
- Eric Janke, (2013 B.S. Chemistry), currently a graduate student at the University of Chicago
- Dr. Dean Waldow is back working at Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, WA
- Dr. Liping Wang, now professor at University of Science and Technology Beijing, China
- Dr. Hoon Heo, now professor at Pukyong National University, Korea
- Brittani Love (2012 REU) is currently a chemistry graduate student at UT Austin
- Dr. Xin Wang, now at Invitrogen
- Dr. Rajiv Giridharagopal, now at Intel
- Dr. Jennifer Chen, now professor at York University, Canada
- Dr. Bradley McLeod, PhD Chemistry 2012, now at NREL
- Dr. Keiko Munechika, PhD Chemistry 2011 with a year of following research still in our group, now at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Dr. Jung-hyurk Lim, visiting Faculty, now professor at Chungju National University, South Korea
- Sarah Griesse-Nascimento, (2011 REU), now completing her EE degree at Boston Univeristy
- Ashley Marshall, (2011 REU), now completing her Chemistry degree at Pacific Lutheran
- Dr. Kevin Noone, (2011 Ph.D. Chemistry), now at Intel
- Noah Horwitz, (2011 B.S. Chemistry), currently a chemistry Ph.D. student at Northwestern
- Sam Collins, (2011 B.S. Chemistry), currently a chemistry Ph.D. student at UC Santa Barbara
- Dr. Deanna Rodovsky, (2010 Ph.D. Chemistry), currently at Boeing Research
- Andreas Tillack, UW Chemistry pre-doctoral student, 2008-2010
- Dr. Abhishek Kulkarni, 2007-2010, now at Boeing Research
- Dave Moore, 2008-2010 (2009 B.S. Chem Eng), now PhD student at Cornell
- Alex Chortos, 2010 (U. Waterloo summer intern)
- Dr. Obadiah Reid, 2005-2010 (2010 Ph.D. Chemistry), currently at postdoc at the National Renewable Energy Lab NREL
- Leo Yexuan Zhang, UW Chem E (now EE), undergraduate, 2009-2010
- Matt Hall, 2010 (physics undergrad project)
- Sam Guyer, 2009-2010 (2010 B.S. Chemistry)
- Dr. Chris Groves, 2009, (postdoc), Lecturer of Organic Electronics in School of Engineering and Computing Sciences University of Durham, U.K.
- Dr. Yeechi Chen, 2004-2009 (2009 Ph.D. Physics), currently proud mother, and postdoc working on scientific communication and visualization
- Josiah Ward, summer 2009 (REU student)
- Ian Braly, summer 2009 (REU student)
- Nick Anderson, 2007-2009 (2009 B.S. Chemistry), currently a Ph.D. student at Columbia, now at NREL
- Dr. Joseph Wei, 2004-2009 (2009 Ph.D. Chemical Engineering), engineer at Novellus Systems, Portland
- Dr. Liam Pingree, 2006-2008, (postdoc) engineer at Boeing 2009-2014, Amazon 2014-present
- Prof. Lee Park, 2007-2008 (sabbatical), returned to Williams College
- Dr. Andrea Munro, 2003-2008 (2008 Ph.D. Physical Chemistry), Assistant Professor of Chemistry at Pacific Lutheran University
- Irene Wang, 2008 (GEMSEC REU student), undergrad at UW
- Andrey Malyutin, 2008 (NNIN REU student), undergrad at Kalamazoo College
- Jessica Smith, 2006-2008 (2008 B.S. Chemistry), currently a Ph.D. student at Berkeley
- Marsha Ng, 2004-05 & 2007-08 (2008 M.S. Chemistry), currently pursing dentistry
- Dr. David Coffey, 2003-2007 (2007 Ph.D. Physics), currently working at NREL
- Ilan Jen-La Plante, 2005-2007 (undergraduate, 2007 B.S. Chemistry), currently a Ph.D. student at Berkeley
- Ashley Bissell, 2007 (joint summer student with Gamelin), currently a Ph.D. student in the Gamelin group
- Abram Ledbetter, 2006-2007 (M.S. Materals Science & Engineering)
- Brian Rolcynski, 2006-2007 (undergraduate), currently PhD student at Northwestern
- Dr. Jialong Zhao, 2005-2006 (postdoc)
- Matthew Adams, 2004-2006 (M.S. Chemistry)
- Andrew Laughlin, 2004-2005 (M.S. Chemistry), currently working in patent law
- Peter Salveson, 2004-2005 (undergraduate, B.S. Biochemistry)
- Ryan Thompson, 2004-2005 (undergraduate, Environmental Science)
- I-Kang Ding, 2003-2004 (undergraduate, National Taiwan University) currently a Ph.D. student at Stanford
- Poi Sim Khiew, 2004 (visiting scholar from University Kebangsaan Malaysia)