cLASSnOTES

1950s | 1960s | 1970s | 1980s | 1990s | 2000s | 2010–today

New job, award, move or family addition? Your classmates want to hear from you! Let us know how you’re doing.

Gil Beall, M.D. ’53, Res. ’60 (internal medicine), writes, “My novel, Drugs for Cambodia, has been published.”

Richard Layton, M.D. ’54, was honored with the Governor’s Recognition Award in October by Washington State Gov. Jay Inslee. The award paid tribute to Layton’s service in World War II and a secret mission to Bikini Atoll in the Marshall Islands.

Jack E. Games, M.D. ’55, Res. ’61 (psychiatry and behavioral sciences), a member of the Arizona Psychiatric Society (APS), published recollections of his psychiatric training and experiences from 1955 to 1961 in the APS newsletter. Games lives in Phoenix, Ariz.

Eldon Lee, M.D. ’55, writes, “Just to send greetings to the members of the Class of 1955. I must be one of the oldest at 90½ years. I will always have a warm spot in my heart for the UW and to the wonderful men who prepared me well to serve a fulfilling lifetime in the medical field.”

William Morton, M.D. ’55, writes, “I’m still participating in the academic program of the Department of Public Health and Preventative Medicine at Oregon Health & Science University.”

Frederick F. Holmes, M.D. ’57, and Grace E. Holmes, M.D. ’57, write, “We will launch a website — Medicine in the First World — with Kansas University Medical Center in spring 2014. Grace is busy working on a book on nurses in World War I, assembled from diaries, reminiscences and letters home. Her masterpiece of 1992, Whither Thou Goest, written under the pseudonym Anne Miller Johnson, M.D., is now available for e-readers. Fred’s newest romance novel, Ophelia, penned with a pseudonym, is also available for e-readers.”

Connect With Us

Help us go green

Help us go green
Update your email address

Send a ClassNote

Send a ClassNote
Send an update

Write the editor

Write the editor
Tell us what you think

UW Medicine UW School of Medicine

Box 358045, Seattle, WA 98195-8045 206.685.1875 | medalum@uw.edu

Seattle, Washington