Scholarships and Student Support Funds
Contributions, whether made to scholarships or other types of student support funds, are very important to our students. And donors have all sorts of reasons for helping our students: a tribute to a beloved mentor, for instance, or an appreciation of the high cost of a medical education.
We celebrated these generous contributors in April 2013 at our annual Scholarship Celebration. At the event, we also heard from second-year student Mark Wefel (pictured) and fourth-year student, Estell Williams, who spoke eloquently about their studies and their lives.
You can read more about the inspiring stories behind gifts to scholarships and student support funds, segmented by different programs, below. Our thanks to all the contributors to these programs.
- M.D. scholarships/funds
- MSRTP (Medical Student Research Training Program) scholarships/funds
- R/UOP (Rural/Underserved Opportunities Program) scholarships/funds
- MEDEX Northwest scholarships/funds
- MSTP (Medical Scientist Training Program or the M.D.-Ph.D. program) scholarships/funds
- Laboratory Medicine and Medical Technology Program scholarships/funds
- Other UW Medicine scholarships and student support funds