Harry G. Schuck Memorial Scholarship
The Harry G. Schuck Memorial Scholarship endowment was created by a generous and thoughtful gift from an estate in 1979. It is named after Mr. Harry Schuck, a Seattle resident and businessman who opened the first Schuck’s as a motorcycle repair shop in 1917. Mr. Schuck became a business partner with Ms. Erna M. Jorgensen in 1929 and the company moved to automobile parts, and the name changed to Schuck’s Auto Supply. After the death of Mr. Schuck in 1970, Ms. Jorgensen endowed the scholarship that became the Harry G. Schuck Memorial Scholarship endowment fund. This endowment fund benefits School of Medicine students with financial need.