- 2010 M.S. Chemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- 2006 B.S. Chemistry, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI
Awards & Honors
- 2006 University of Washington Early Bird Nanotechnology Fellowship
- 2005 UNCF Merck Fellow
- 2004 WMU Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities Award
- 2004 W.M. Keck Scholar
- 2003 Xerox Technical Minority Scholarship Award
- 2002 Western Michigan University Cultural Diversity Scholarship Award
- 2002 American Chemical Society Scholar Award
- 2002 American Chemical Society Project SEED Scholar Award
Zewge, D; Chen, C-Y.; Deer, C.; Dormer, P.G.; Hughes, D.L. “A Mild and Efficient Synthesis of 4-Quinolones and Quinolone Heterocycles” J. Org. Chem., 2007, 72, 4276-4279.
Deer, C.; Sung, R.; Gonazlez Beerman, P.; Muralidharan, S. “Synthesis of Mn2+-doped PbS Quantum Dots and their Spectroscopic Properties.” American Laboratory News, 2005, February.