WRITE Site Move
When suitable matches are made between WRITE sites and students, students are assigned to those sites for the following academic year's winter and spring quarters.
There are two approved options for moving to a WRITE site in Alaska:
- Students fly to Alaska and have their vehicles shipped.
- The SOM is only able to assist students up to $1,100.00 (each way) for shipping
vehicles. Students are responsible for any costs above that amount.
Contact the travel desk to make arrangements.
- Students drive to Alaska.
- A maximum of three (3) nights' lodging is reimbursable for travel to/from Alaska WRITE sites.
- Students are responsible for any additional lodging and meal expenses.
All travel arrangements must be preapproved by the travel desk.
SITES OTHER THAN ALASKA:
Students can choose to fly or drive to the WRITE site, but the School will only cover the least expensive option.
- If students choose to fly, even if a vehicle is required at the WRITE site, they should
contact the travel desk to make arrangements.
- Local transportation during the rotation is not reimbursable.
- Students who drive will be reimbursed for only one vehicle.
- One night's lodging is reimbursable up to $80.00 per night for travel to and from WRITE sites more than 650 miles from Seattle, or due to inclement weather. Students are responsible for any other expenses for accomodations or meals.
- The travel desk emails reimbursement request forms to students for signature once travel expense documents are received. Signed forms must be returned to the travel desk for reimbursement:
Academic Affairs - DOM
Attn: Student Travel
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195
- Students can expect to receive travel reimbursement checks 3-4 weeks after signed reimbursement documents are returned to the travel desk.