WRITE Site Visit
The WRITE Steering Committee interviews the WRITE candidates and makes the initial match
in early November. Following the match, students have the option of contacting the site and
arranging a visit (preferably during the winter break) to meet with the preceptor(s).
This WRITE site visit policy applies only to students who have matched to a site outside
their home state.
- Students must work with the WWAMI regional offices to establish travel dates as soon as they are notified of potential site placement.
- Students must
contact the School travel desk to request mileage reimbursement.
- Students must work with the WWAMI regional offices to establish travel dates as soon as they are notified of potential site placement. As soon as the travel dates are established, students must
contact the travel desk to make travel arrangements. To receive financial assistance from the School, preapproval must be obtained.
- Once the School of Medicine travel agent draws up an itinerary, students must respond within 24 hours for ticketing. Students will be responsible for increased costs due to late approval and for any fees associated with changes made after ticketing.
Lodging and Meals
- This site visit is optional. Lodging will be reimbursed for one night; meal per diem will be reimbursed for up to two days.
Rental car and ground transportation
- The School will reimburse for ground transportation from the airport to the site. If a rental car will be required, students must obtain preapproval from the Travel Desk.
- Students are responsible for expenses such as side trips and extra baggage (such as skis, bicycles, etc.). Reimbursement for airfare will be for students only.
- The travel desk emails reimbursement request forms to students for signature once travel expense documents are received. Signed forms must be returned to the travel desk for reimbursement:
Academic Affairs - DOM
Attn: Student Travel
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195
- Students can expect to receive travel reimbursement checks 3-4 weeks after signed reimbursement documents are returned to the travel desk.