|UW Graduate and Professional Student Senate|
Academic and Administrative Affairs Subcommittee
The Academic and Administrative Subcommittee (AAC) ensures that policies related to the core academic and research mission of the University are in line with GPSS priorities. The subcommittee is charged with monitoring and participating in the University’s budgeting process through all appropriate channels.
To join the AAC or for more information, please contact Adam Sherman: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The AAC shall:
- Pursue GPSS policy proposals and positions through relevant external committees, work groups, and council as determined by the UAC or the Executive Committee
- Craft policy proposals and positions on issues related to faculty, academic, administrative, or research affairs
- Initiate and maintain relations with campus constituencies and organizations
- Monitor and coordinate the efforts of GPSS appointees on relevant external committees
- Solicit volunteers for University Committees and Councils
Members:The President, between five and nine graduate and professional students, and a chair elected by the members of the committee.
Meetings: Twice per month to once per week, depending on work load.
Community Affairs Subcommittee Members, 2012-2013:
- President: Adam Sherman
- Chair: To be elected
- Senator Titus Butcher (Civil Engineering)
- Senator Alexandra Krakow (Law)
- Jia Yin (Pharmaceutics)
- Senator Lissa Kramer (Museology)
- Damian Von Shoenborn (Applied Mathematics)
- Laine Anderson (Speech and Hearing Sciences)
- Elise Randall (Public Affairs)
- Michelle Dillon (Information School)
- Larry Huang (Health Services)
The Academic and Administrative Affairs Subcommittee reports to the University Affairs Committee
Adam Sherman - email@example.com