|UW Graduate and Professional Student Senate|
Become a Senator
Interested in Becoming a GPSS Senator?
The Graduate and Professional Student Senate (GPSS) is the official student government for all graduate and professional students at UW-Seattle. GPSS represents students to the UW administration and state and federal governments and puts on regular social events. Each UW department sends two Senators to a monthly meeting.
Responsibility of Senators:
- Attend at least two Senate meetings per quarter
- Get input from students in your department
- Relay information from the Senate to students in your department
Why become a Senator?
- Ensure students in your department are heard
- Meet people from other parts of campus
- Boost your resume
If you’re interested: Talk to your Graduate Program Advisor about the process for becoming a Senator in your department.
Questions? Contact GPSS Secretary Kristen Hosey: firstname.lastname@example.org, (206) 543-8576.