Community Affairs Committee
Functions of the Community Affairs Committee
The Community Affairs Committee (CAC) works to ensure that policies related to the University’s auxiliary functions, physical space, safety, environmental impact, and general community relations are in line with GPSS priorities. The committee is also charged with buildings relationships between GPSS and the broader community.
Join Us! If you'd like to join the CAC or would like more information, please contact Alice Popejoy: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pursues GPSS policy proposals through relevant external committees, work groups, and councils as determined by the Executive Committee
- Crafts policy proposals and positions regarding facilities, land-use, housing, UWPD, and safety
- Maintains and strengthen the GPSS relationship with the Alumni Association
- Initiates and maintains relations with off campus constituencies and organizations
- Monitors and coordinates the efforts of GPSS appointees on relevant external communications
A minimum of twice per quarter, depending on work load.
The President, between five and nine graduate and professional students, and a chair elected by the members of the committee.
Committee Members, 2014-2015:
To apply for this committee, fill out the application and email it to the committee chair.
GPSS President Alice Popejoy: email@example.com