|UW Graduate and Professional Student Senate|
Title: Special Assistant to the President
Posted: June 6, 2013
Expected Closure: June 25, 2012
Hours: 10/week during the summer; 16/week during fall, winter, and spring.
Pay: $18/hr during the summer and $18/ during fall, winter, and spring.
Term: June/July 2012-June 2013
Reports To: GPSS President
The GPSS Special Assistant to the President aids the GPSS President in his or her duties of office and manages all activity associated with the GPSS academic program review conducted in partnership with the Graduate School. Tasks include policy research, conducting student surveys, typing and filing, note taking, correspondence and appointment management, data analysis and volunteer coordination. Additional duties include assisting the University Affairs Director in tracking GPSS representation across campus; assisting the Development Coordinator in creating content for the quarterly alumni newsletter; filling in as needed in the GPSS office; and providing assistance on special projects and surveys when directed. These duties require the Special Assistant to maintain a flexible and organized schedule and complete medium and long-range deadlines with limited supervision.
- Must be a student at the University of Washington for the 2013-14 school year.
- Familiarity with UW academic programs
- Experience conducting surveys, focus groups and interviews
- Experience producing professional quality reports
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Data management and analysis experience
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Experience organizing volunteers to complete complex tasks
Additional qualifications include:
- Ability and experience handling sensitive information;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proficiency with Catalyst Web Tools and/or other survey tools;
- Web design and management skills preferred but not required;
- Familiarity with the UW campus issues;
- Demonstrated commitment to serving diverse populations;
- Basic Research skills
- Experience taking notes and minutes
- Eager to make a difference and willing to learn new skills.