|UW Graduate and Professional Student Senate|
Federal Legislative Steering Committee
Join Us! Do you enjoy developing policy proposals, interacting with public officials, and organizing students? Do you want to advocate for research funding, subsidized loans, and other federal issues that impact grad students? Apply to be a member of the 2012-13 GPSS Federal Legislative Steering Committee! Fill out the online application and submit to Melanie Mayock (firstname.lastname@example.org). In your email please include your availability for meetings.
The Federal Legislative Steering Committee (FLSC) is a subcommittee of the Government Relations Committee. The functions of the FLSC are to:
- Work with the Vice President in developing the Federal Legislative Agenda
- Write and distribute briefings and action alerts
- Perform any other duties as the GRC or Vice President see fit
- Represent GPSS, as delegated by the President and Vice President, to the Student Advocates for Graduate Education (SAGE) and any other organizations with a federal focus of which GPSS is a member.
- Co-Chair Kiana Scott, Communications
- Co-Chair Matt Souza, Business/Law
- President Adam Sherman
- Vice President Melanie Mayock
- Matt Portwood, Jackson School
- Marie Jackman, Evans School
- Jia Lin, Pharmaceutics
- Jared Axelrod, Evans School
- Jessica Birklid, Evans School
- Alice Popejoy, Public Health Genetics
- Christopher Westgard, Evans School
- Colin Bateson, Mechanical Engineering
- 1 open seat, for any graduate or professional student
Meetings: At least once per quarter.
Documents: 2012 Federal Legislative Agenda
Issue: Federal Research Funding
Contact: GPSS Vice President Melanie Mayock: email@example.com.