Science & Policy Steering Committee
Functions of the Science & Policy Steering Committee
- Enhance the discourse between scientists and policy makers through advocacy, community building, and student empowerment
- Assist student scientists in developing their skills in communication across disciplines and to the general public
- Promote public awareness of science research at the UW, and provide opportunities to develop partnerships in the community
- Create opportunities and organize events in collaboration with the Communications and Outreach Committee that enable students to advocate for their field of study, their research, and other graduate students
- Select one member to serve as a representative on the Committee Coordinating Board
at least once per month during fall, winter, and spring quarters, and more as necessary
Treasurer, Chair, Senators, students.
Committee Members, 2014-2015:
Douglass Taber (GPSS Treasurer)
Kelly Fleming (Committee Chair) - firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this committee, fill out the application and email it to the committee chair.
Douglass Taber, GPSS Treasurer: email@example.com