|UW Graduate and Professional Student Senate|
State Legislative Steering Committee
Join Us! Do you enjoy developing policy proposals, interacting with public officials, and organizing students? Do you want to fight for higher education funding and advocate for grad students? Apply to be a member of the 2012-13 GPSS State Legislative Steering Committee! Fill out the online application and submit to Melanie Mayock (firstname.lastname@example.org). Fall Quarter meetings are Mondays at 4:30pm in HUB 303.
The GPSS State Legislative Steering Committee (SLSC) is a subcommittee of the Government Relations Committee. The functions of the SLSC are to:
- Work with the Vice President to develop the State Legislative Agenda
- Write and distribute briefings and action alerts
- Vice President Melanie Mayock
- Caitlin Connelly, Genome Sciences
- Nathaniel McVicar, Electrical Engineering
- Clarissa Marks, Evans School of Public Affairs
- Sebastian Miller, Law
- Patricia Atwater, Health Services
- Chris Erickson, Evans School of Public Affairs
- Amber Bronnum, Public Health and Health Administration
- James Harmon, Political Science
- 1 open seat for graduate and professional students
2012-13 Chair: GPSS Vice President Melanie Mayock.
Meetings: Meetings for Winter 2012 are Mondays at 4:30pm in HUB 303.
Contact: Melanie Mayock: email@example.com