Functions of the Travel Grants Committee
- Allocate funding in a manner that supports the personal and professional development of graduate and professional students through participation in academic and professional conferences and competitions
- Provide feedback for continuous improvement of the funding guidelines and application process
- Review and recommend an annual travel grants budget to the F&B Committee for the following fiscal year
- Assist the Treasurer in advertising the availability of travel grant funds to the GPSS Senators and other graduate students.
- Assist the Treasurer in communicating policies and procedures governing the travel grants process
Select Fridays as listed in the dates section. Other dates of importance are those on which applications will become available for grading. Applications can be accessed online, or a hard copy can be obtained from the GPSS Office.
|October 9||Training and Orientation|
|October 16||Continuation of Training (if necessary)|
|November 6||Evaluation of Fall applications and allocation of funding|
Reflection on Fall application cycle & discussion of changes (if any) for next cycle
Evaluation of Early Winter applications and allocation of funding
Evaluation of Winter applications and allocation of funding
|April 8||Evaluation of Early Spring applications and allocation of funding|
|May 6||Evaluation of Spring applications and allocation of funding|
|May 20||Reflection on year, recommendations for next year & budget recommendation for F&B|
Dates on which applications become available for grading 2015-2016:
|October 27||Fall Applications|
|January 6||Early Winter Applications|
|February 2||Winter Applications|
|March 30||Early Spring Applications|
|April 25||Spring Applications|
Treasurer and 6-9 senators.
To apply for this committee, fill out the application.
If you have any questions please contact Kerstin R. Hudon, GPSS Treasurer 2015-2016