|UW Graduate and Professional Student Senate|
Functions of the Travel Grants Committee
- Allocate funding in a manner that supports the personal and professional development of graduate and professional students through participation in academic and professional conferences and competitions
- Assume responsibility for the allocation of GPSS Travel Grants
- Assist the Treasurer in advertising the availability of travel grant funds to the GPSS Senators and other graduate students.
- Assist the Treasurer in communicating policies and procedures governing the travel grants process
- In spring, if necessary, provide recommendations to the incoming Treasurer suggesting amendments to the current “Travel Grants Funding Guidelines.”
- Review and recommend an annual travel grants budget to the F&B Committee for the following fiscal year
- Select one member to serve as a representative on the Committee Coordinating Board
At least once per quarter during the months of its operations to review and vote on the submitted travel grants applications. During fall quarter the committee must meet once before reviewing applications to go over the travel grants guidelines and application process. During spring quarter, the committee must convene two times: once to review applications and once to evaluate the travel grants process and make recommendations to pass on to the incoming Treasurer
Treasurer and senators.
Committee Members, 2014-2015:
Douglass Taber, GPSS Treasurer: firstname.lastname@example.org