|UW Graduate and Professional Student Senate|
University Budgeting and Tuition
Budget decisions have a big impact on graduate and professional students and can involve:
- Eliminating degrees or academic programs
- Raising tuition or course fees
- Moving degrees into "fee-based" programs (which includes major tuition increases)
- Consolidating departments or schools
- Reducing T.A.positions
GPSS has consistently advocated for a stronger student voice in University budget decisions.
Tuition Proposals for 2012-2013
Curious what's being proposed for your tuition next year? Deans have submitted proposed 2012-13 tuition rates to the University Provost.
- Compilation of proposed tuition rates
- Budget narratives for individual colleges (link to Office of Planning and Budgeting)
Student Voice on Budget Decisions
PACS Website: https://sites.google.com/a/uw.edu/pacs2013/home
6/5/12: Seattle Times article: UW students facing 16% tuition hike look for cuts but find little fat
College-Level Student Planning and Budgeting Councils
GPSS and ASUW are advocating for the creation of student Planning and Budgeting Councils at colleges and schools throughout the University, to provide students with a voice in local budget decisions. Stay tuned for more information.