Every fraternity chapter at the University of Washington is supported by the guidance and efforts of their graduates. Each chapter has graduates who are involved in various aspects of chapter life, including those who serve on house corporations, caring for and maintaining the chapter houses, and those who serve as chapter advisors, providing day to day support to the chapter and its individual members. Our graduates are an integral component of our chapters’ success.
Similarly, the Alumni Interfraternity Council (AIFC) provides support to the fraternity system, its individual chapters, and most directly, the IFC, assisting in their efforts to improve the entire fraternity system at the University of Washington. The AIFC’s mission statement and individual goals are described in detail below.
Through leadership and guidance, the purpose of the Alumni Interfraternity Council is to enhance and preserve the fraternities at the University of Washington so as to contribute to the educational experience and to ensure a standard of conduct respected by the University of Washington and the Community at large.
- Fraternity Education: Assist the Interfraternity Council in developing policies and educational programs that foster responsible and legal behavior regarding alcohol and drug use, relationship with women, and men’s health issues.
- Housing and Finance: Assist the Interfraternity Council in establishing developing programs to ensure safe, well-managed, affordable housing.
- Community Relations: Assist the Interfraternity Council in developing plans and programs to promote understanding and positive relations with the University of Washington and the community.
- Membership Recruitment: Assist the Interfraternity Council in developing policies and programs to foster the recruitment of quality members who will support the plans and policies of their fraternities, the Interfraternity Council, the University of Washington and the community.
- Interfraternity Relations: Assist the Interfraternity Council in developing plans and programs to promote a spirit of collegiality and cooperation within the Fraternity Community, including sororities, at the University of Washington.
- Scholarship and Career Guidance: Assist the Interfraternity Council in encouraging and assisting in the enhancement of the academic experience of each fraternity and their members.