Seating is limited and pre-registration is required.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA
Knight Cancer Institute, Portland, OR
- You can attend either the Seattle location at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center or the Portland location at the Knight Cancer Institute.
- Parking is free.
- Lunch - Once registration begins, we will have information on whether lunch will be provided, whether you should bring your own sack lunch or if box lunches will be available for purchase.
- Cost to attend - free with donations gratefully accepted.
- Registration - Click on the menu link to the left for early registration. Save your seat and more information will be sent to you as it becomes available.
- Consider making a weekend out of it and join us at the PACE Race, Sunday morning in Kirkland. Bring your family and friends for a fun event in Kirkland, WA at Marina Park. 1k walk/run or 5k walk/run options. Pet and stroller friendly!
- When you register for the PACE Race, you can choose to pick up your Race Day materials for yourself and your team on Saturday after lunch at the conference registration desk
The Pacific NW Prostate Cancer Conference is an annual patient education event alternating between the Seattle and Portland areas. The conference is sponsored by the University of Washington and Oregon Health and Science University and attracts approximately 250 men and their family members. Healthcare professionals interested in learning more about survivorship issues and treatment options are also welcome to attend. The Portland and Seattle locations are linked by video conferencing for live interaction between faculty and event participations. Instruction is by lecture with panel Q&A; evaluation forms are completed by participants at the end of the day and turned on departure. Expected outcomes are increased patient knowledge and empowerment leading to improving quality of life.
The University of Washington Prostate Cancer Clinical Research Program is part of the Fred Hutchinson Survivorship Program for which the Lance Armstrong Foundation has awarded a LiveSTRONG survivorship Center of Excellence award. The University of Washington Prostate Cancer Clinical Research Program provides multi-disciplinary team services for prostate cancer patients as part of the survivorship program. The survivorship program provides clinical care, patient education, and research opportunities to patients. The Pacific NW Prostate Cancer Conference continues that effort by providing a venue for patients to learn more about cancer, cancer resources and cancer survivorship. Knowing how to find reliable cancer resources can help patients feel more confident and informed about survivorship.