May 26, 2016 – 8:30am to 5:00pm
Check-in begins at 8am. The workshop starts at 8:30 and continues until 5pm.
Seattle Children’s Research Institute, Westlake Conference Room
Seattle, Washington (link to Google Maps)
Information about getting to the workshop can be found here.
Goal: The goal of the workshop is to share ongoing microbiome research being conducted by the University of Washington and partnering institutions and in doing so, to identify synergies and shared interests to strengthen research and build new collaborations.
Speakers from the University of British Columbia, the Forsyth Institute, University of Washington, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Children’s Hospital, and Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation will present short talks and engage in panel discussions on topics including:
- The gut microbiome and its role in enteric health and disease
- The oral microbiome and its role in oral health and disease
- The genital microbiome and its role in sexual and reproductive health
- Statistical methods for microbiome data
- Research priorities for women, adolescents, and children: thinking across the host microbiome
The workshop agenda can be found here.
Please register for the workshop here.