Entry-level Technical Writer – Engineering
Positions Available: 3
Job Description: Want to put that technical genius and writing flair to work? Our company is a managed documentation and localization service provider located in Bellevue that specializes in producing print-ready marketing, technical, and sales content.
We want to hire technical writing interns for the summer, with potential for full-time work.
- An inquisitive mind. The best technical writing comes from presenting complex ideas, confusing terminology, and boring facts in a way that anyone can grasp and understand. You must be excited about learning, and be able to quickly comprehend new ideas.
- Passion for technology. Our company writes content that deals with open and closed source server and end-user technologies. You must have a genuine interest in computer science and how it can improve processes and lives.
- Computer science foundation. You must be familiar with basic IT elements, such as systems infrastructure, Internet topologies, and networking. Also, you must be able to read code and write basic scripts and code snippets in a major OO or scripting language (C++, PHP, Java, etc).
- Drive for excellence. Our company culture is to provide high-quality, timely results for our clients. If our team members do not have a skill, they learn it. If we have to meet a publication deadline, everyone works until that happens.
- Team collaboration. All of our projects are done in teams. Sometimes, you will work with multiple writers, or with a developmental editor who will suggest revisions. You must like working with people.
- Flexibility. We will train you on writing techniques and help increase your technical knowledge. You must be flexible enough to adapt to new approaches and processes based on feedback, even if the benefits are not immediately apparent to you.
- Communication skills. This is a writing position; consequently, you must know how to write. You must know how to structure and organize thoughts to form a cohesive composition, and construct sentences using proper grammar and punctuation.
Special Notes/Application Procedures: Our company is actively hiring for multiple in-house, entry-level writing positions. To apply, please send a brief e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining what you can offer our company, as well as an attached resume in Word or PDF format. We encourage recent grads to apply.
Internship positions are also available.
Pay range: $10-15/hr
Contact Email: email@example.com
Company URL: http://www.biblioso.com