Sakson & Taylor/AQUENT
Positions Available: 1
Job Description: Calling recent TC and iSchool Master’s grads! Even if you don’t think you are experienced enough for this role, please apply. Our client is very open-minded.
You approach each project with an open mind, the urge to explore new ideas in design. Unconstrained by boxes and columns, you are the type of interaction designer who likes to experiment and explore a variety of design possibilities all while keeping your eye on good user-centered design. You’ve studied the masters (Nielsen, Norman), but refuse to believe that creating a great user experience means sacrificing extraordinary design.
If this sounds like you, then we might just have your dream job. Our client is looking for a fearless UX designer to help create the next version of their software product. Critical will be a creative mind, a devotion to a great user experience, and the maturity to collaborate with colleagues with different areas of expertise including usability and development.
- A strong understanding of customer needs and motivations and the ability to integrate them into a product design including features and functionality.
- An excellent foundation in human-computer interaction including a good understanding of usability inspection methods including heuristic evaluation, walkthroughs (cognitive and pluralistic), and standards inspection.
- Experience prototyping web sites or applications – from basic wireframes through high-fidelity.
- Cross-team collaborative expertise particularly working with development and usability testing teams.
- A decent level of visual design – you may not be the best artist out there, but you can fake it. If you are great, it’s a total bonus.
Special Notes/Application Procedures: If you are interested, please send your resume and work samples to JobsAG@sakson.com. This is a W2 contract opportunity (3 months to start, but will go a year if you are the right candidate) that will require you to be onsite in Redmond, WA.
Application Deadline: ASAP! Job will be listed until Sep 27, 2008
Duration of Position: up to a year
Pay Range: Over $25/hour
Contact Name: Anne Garber
Contact Email: JobsAG@sakson.com
Company URL: http://www.aquent.com