Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct (CSSC)
Husky Neighborhood Assistant
Qualifications for Selection
• University of Washington student enrolled full-time.
• Graduate Student or Undergraduate Student with a minimum of 45 credits.
• Must reside off campus and be willing to work in the North of 45 neighborhood
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated leadership experience and/or community involvement.
There are several areas identified as having a high concentration of students and that would benefit from having a Husky Neighborhood Assistant. CSSC would like to hire students who live in or around the North of 45th Area. This area is roughly bounded by 15th Ave NE, NE 45th St, 22nd Ave NE and Ravenna Park. PLEASE NOTE: Students will not be provided housing, but rather assigned an area based on where they live. Living in the North of 45 Neighborhood is NOT a requirement any student living off campus will be considered.
The work of a Husky Neighborhood Assistant is such that no specific schedule can be determined. However, the following guidelines will apply:
• Husky Neighborhood Assistants work 300 hours for the AmeriCorps Scholarship over the year.
• The position will begin in August 2009 although there is flexibility around start date and may have opportunities for earlier this summer.
• Students will earn a $1000 scholarship for 300 hours of service.