* Tuesday, August 4th at 6PM on the University of Washington campus (420 Sieg Hall)
* Wednesday, August 5th at 6PM in Bellevue: Park 140 at 2445 140th Ave. NE. (Directions)
About the UCD Certificate:
The HCDE User-Centered Design (UCD) Certificate Program is an evening graduate-level program for students who want to explore a wide range of issues in usability and user-centered design. Participants complete four courses to earn the Certificate. These three courses are required of all students:
* HCDE 517 – Usability Testing
* HCDE 518 – User-Centered Design
* HCDE 521- Seminar: Current Issues in TC.
In addition, students complete a fourth course from the following selection:
* HCDE 537: User-Centered Web Design
* HCDE 511 – Visual Media in TC
* HCDE 516 – Research Methods in TC.
About the Evening MS:
The evening Master of Science program began in 2000 and is modeled after our daytime program. The Master of Science in Human Centered Design and Engineering program prepares students for leadership roles in technical careers like information design, user interface design, usability testing, human-computer interaction, technical communication, and other technical specializations.
The MS curriculum, which comprises 41 credits, focuses on helping students refine their skills in the design, production, and evaluation of technical information. In addition to regular class work, students may work in directed research groups, where they help faculty members with research on specific topics.