The Technology & Social Change group
University of Washington Information School
Student Qualitative Data Coder
Anticipated Start Date: 10/16/2009, or as soon as possible
Information School, Mary Gates Hall or RCB
The Technology & Social Change group at the Information School is currently searching for a student to help set up and manage the coding of qualitative data from Landscape Study using ATLAS TI scientific software.
Working with the Project Lead and other faculty and staff, the student assistant will:
• Set up the research documents and Hermeneutic Units in preparation for coding
• Prepare and test code list from controlled variables
• Train other students and staff for consistent coding
• Run analysis scenarios using coded data
The workload will be 10 to 15 hours per week.
• Experience with ATLAS TI software
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Ability to manipulate graphics for web publishing
$16.00 – $18.30/hr DOE
1. Please include a cover letter briefly describing your skills and experiences relevant to this type of position in one page or less.
2. Attach a current resume that includes your work history and academic accomplishments.
This position is open to all enrolled University of Washington students. Please submit all application materials to Ulibee Corner iApply@uw.edu (Please include “Qualitative Data Coder” in the subject line) or to Mary Gates Hall, Suite 370. This position will remain open until filled; preference will be given to applications received Friday, October 16th. All applicants will be contacted two weeks after of the closing date.
The University of Washington is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans are encouraged to apply.