Position Type: On-campus Hourly or Federal Work Study
Deadline to apply: November 20th
Description: Hourly Undergrad Research Assistant, Multitasking Study
Start Date: 12/1/2009, or as soon as possible.
End Date: 03/15/2010, with a possible extension into spring quarter.
These positions will average 19.5 hours per week.
Position Description: The Information School is seeking two Undergraduate Research Assistants. The Ugrad RAs will participate in an NSF-sponsored research study. They will conduct detailed observation and analysis of audio/video recordings of people performing office tasks using computers, phones, and pencil and paper. This is an opportunity for students to acquire experience in conducting research and in analyzing data, to work directly with iSchool faculty, and to make use of state-of-the-art usability assessment software.
- Strong interest in carefully observing recordings of human-computer interaction;
- Able to pay careful attention to detail and to make precise observations;
- Enjoy learning new software tools.
- Prior observation and analysis experience helpful, but not required.
Salary $10 to $14 per hour DOE
This position is open to all University of Washington UNDERGRADUATE students. Questions regarding this position should be directed to Crystal Yost, Assistant HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Please include a cover letter describing your skills and experiences relevant to the position.
2. Attach a current resume that includes your work history and academic accomplishments.
Please submit all application materials to Ulibee Corner at iApply@uw.edu
(please include “Ugrad RA” in the subject line) or to Mary Gates Hall, Suite 370, no later than Friday, November 20, 2009. All candidates will be contacted within two weeks of closing date.
Note: This job classification is governed by a negotiated labor contract and is subject to union shop provisions. For more information about union shop provisions, visit: www.washington.edu/admin/hr/jobs/apl/union-info.html
The University of Washington is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans are encouraged to apply.