Real Change seeks a sharp reporter to learn on the beat as s/he helps us round out our award-winning, in-depth coverage of local issues.
- Previous journalism experience in a campus- or community-based media outlet
- Passionate interest in issues of social, economic and environmental justice
- Desire to learn in a fast-paced and challenging setting
The Editorial Intern will
- Monitor a selected beat and regularly pitch ideas to the editor
- Write a full-size news or feature story each week
- Complete multiple news assignments weekly
- Transcribe audio recordings of selected interviews
- Help with proofreading
- Participate in weekly editorial staff meetings
- Complete other editorial tasks, such as photography or multimedia production, as needed
This is an unpaid position designed for someone who’s learning on the job, but academic service-learning or other credit will be gladly arranged. We anticipate that the intern will start Monday, June 14 and work at least 10 weeks for 10-25 hours each week; however, some allowances will made for the right finalist.
Send the following to Adam Hyla, editor: firstname.lastname@example.org:
• a cover letter explaining your skills and interest in the position
• your resume
• three published clips of your work
Finalists will also be asked to supply up to three references.
Application deadline: Monday, May 24, 6 p.m.