Interested in studying in Denmark and exploring it’s unique political, social, geographic, design, and planning context? Looking for funding to help support your experience….
2014-15 Scan|Design Fellowship and Summer Scholarship
Deadline: January 15, 2014
Since 2005, the ScanDesign Foundation by Inger and Jens Bruun, based in Seattle, Washington, has funded student experience in Denmark through a fellowship program at the University of Washington. The program is designed to foster Danish-American relations by providing generous financial support to undergraduate and graduate students who have been accepted to study abroad in Denmark for a semester, a summer, or a full academic year through any of UW-Seattle’s Danish study abroad exchange programs.
Scholarships in the amounts of $2500 - $9000* are available to support undergraduate and graduate student participation in one of the UW’s Danish exchange study-abroad programs or summer travel study.
INTERESTED IN APPLYING? Consider taking the following steps –>
- Begin by exploring UW Danish Study Abroad options online at the UW Study Abroad Office website or think about summer options.
- Schedule a meeting with the UW Study Abroad Office (IPE) advisor to determine what Danish option fits with your major. Katherine Kroeger (firstname.lastname@example.org) is the IPE advisor who specializes in Danish exchanges. Katherine’s office is in Schmitz Hall 459 – Drop in hours on Tuesdays from 12-2pm.
- Talk with your program’s academic advisor to determine if an exchange fits into your course pathway to graduation.
- Apply for an Exchange Program or summer option. For most of the exchanges listed above, January 15, is the deadline.
- Apply for the Scan|Design Fellowship to help fund your study abroad experience. Deadline – January 15, 2014.