Information on Online Marketing/PR internship (a separate position from the Design internship) description is here:
The Marketing Department’s Design Intership will provide an opportunity to gain real world experience in design software while developing skills in print and web design and production. As part of the in-house design team, the Design Intern will work on a wide array of media through all stages, from concept, to draft design, to approval, to final production. Intern will practice time management in this fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and hone interpersonal skills as s/he will work directly with staffers in not only marketing, but also production, programming and sponsorship departments. As a participating member of the Marketing Team, intern will learn basic marketing concepts including branding, advertising, promotion, and web-based and grassroots marketing.
Under direction of Print & Interactive Designer and Marketing Director, the Design Intern will collaborate on the following projects for both Bumbershoot and the Family 4th: print advertisements, event program, web ads, postcard & other marketing collateral, promotional premium items, and event signage. Responsibilities will include conceptualization, design, revisions, production, and delivery of files, as well as work flow management. All interns are strongly encouraged to participate in Bumbershoot Street Team appearances, as their schedules allow, to meet our Festival fans directly and gain a better perspective of what the outside world thinks of Bumbershoot. Intern will support the PR & Marketing team on-site at events as assigned. In the weeks following Bumbershoot, intern will assist with event wrap / notes, archiving, office clean up, and other post-Festival tasks as assigned.
* In pursuit of a degree in Design.
* Proficiency in software: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Excel. Familiarity with Flash recommended. We work in a Mac environment.
* Basic understanding of typography, layout, illustration, print production.
* Strong visual communication skills are a must; design samples will be closely evaluated. Special consideration will be given to candidates with passion for music and the arts. This internship is suited to those pursuing a career in the Design, Marketing or Visual Communications fields, with special interests in the arts, music, and entertainment industries.
* Proactive, self-starter
* Attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects
* Creative-leaning with a sense of adventure
* Sense of humor
* “Can Do” attitude / team player