Welcome to the
- Clinical interview to determine the family’s perceptions and motivation to change.
- Observation of parent child interaction.
- Administration of standardized measures to assess: substance abuse, depression, domestic violence, parenting stress and bonding, child behavior problems, child abuse potential.
- Feedback on the results and recommendations.
A short report that summarizes key issues and needs. It will also include recommendations to improve child safety and reduce risk of future abuse or neglect.
- Open CPS or FVS cases where there is a high level of concern for safety.
- Children birth to twelve.
- Complex situations that include one or more of the following:
- Chronic neglect or multiple prior referrals
- Substance abuse or domestic violence
- Non-biological caregiver inflicting physical abuse
- Give family CAP handout and obtain participation agreement (DSHS form 14-012).
- Complete CAP referral form.
- Send CAP referral form and case information to CAP Provider.
- Case information includes:
- CPS history of the family including current CPS intake
- Safety Assessment and Plan
- Family Assessment (if available)
- Medical reports (if available)
- GAIN SS
- Case notes from Child and Parent Interview
- Schedule appointment with the family within 7 business days of receipt of complete referral.
- Provide report within 20 business days of receipt of complete referral