- Sexual Assault Experiences of Washington State Women. Funded by Washington State Office of Crime Victims Advocacy,Washington State Office of Community Development. Berliner L., Fine D, Moore D. This study sought to determine the incidence and prevalence of sexual assault in Washington State as well as collect information on the characteristics of assault experiences, reporting rates, and access and barriers to services (2001).
- Guidelines for the Psychosocial Treatment of Intrafamilial Child Physical and Sexual Abuse. A cooperative agreement with the National Crime Victims Research and Treatment Center, Medical University of South Carolina, funded by the Office for Victims of Crime, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice. April 2001.
- Long-Term Foster Care in Washington: Children's Status and Placement Decision Making. Sponsored by Washington State Institute for Public Policy (2001). Compared placement decisions and funding methodologies for residential care services and examined.
- Placement Decisions for Children in Long-Term Foster Care:Innovative Practices and Literature Review. Doran L, and Berliner L. Sponsored by the Washington State Institute for Public Policy (2001).
- Child Sexual Abuse Investigations: Testing Documentation Methods. Sponsored by Washington State Institute for Public Policy (1999-2001). Collected and analyzed data on different interview and documentation approaches in child sexual abuse cases at three different CPS offices in Washington state--including videotaping, audio taping, and teaming of social workers using near-verbatim documentation.
- Protocols and Training Standards: Investigating Allegations of Child Sexual Abuse. Funded by Washington State Institute for Public Policy (1996). Reviewed and analyzed literature on children's memory and suggestibility; interviewing approaches and protocols; and videotaping investigative interviews.
- Children with Sexual Behavior Problems: Assessment and Treatment. A collaboration with University of Oklahoma. Funded by Office of Child Abuse and Neglect, Administration for Children and Families (1996-99). Assessed children to compile descriptive data and developed psychological interventions to treat sexual behavior problems. Final Report available from the National Clearinghouse on Child Abuse and Neglect: Washington, DC. Tel: 1-800-394-3366.
- Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children in Washington State: A Review of Effectiveness. Sponsored by Washington State Institute for Public Policy (1998). Reviewed literature and conducted surveys for determining effectiveness of the state's 22 guardians ad litem/Court Appointed Special Advocates for dependent children.
- Mental Health Service Utilization by Victims of Crime. Funded by Department of Environmental Health/University of Washington and Washington State Institute for Public Policy (1997). Extracted data from a representative sample of mental health seeking crime victims in Washington state to analyze crime, victim and therapist variables associated with type and length of treatment. See New, M. & Berliner, L. (2000). "Mental Health Service Utilization by Victims of Crime". Journal of Traumatic Stress, 13: 693-708.
- Sex Offender Sentencing Options:
Views of Child Victims and Their Parents.
Berliner L. Sponsored by Washington State Institute for Public Policy (2007).
- How to Implement
Therapy (TF-CBT). Child Sexual Abuse Task Force:
Anthony Mannarino, PhD, Karen Mallah, PhD, Co-Directors;
Lisa Amaya-Jackson, MD, Frank Bennet, PhD, Lucy Berliner, LCSW, Judy
Cohen, MD, Esther Deblinger, PhD, Kevin Gully, PhD, Frank Putnam, MD,
Denis Radigan, LCSW, Susana Rivera, PhD and Ben Saunders,PhD. Learning from Research and Clinical Practice Core:
Lisa Amaya-Jackson, MD, Charlene Allred, PhD, Frank Putnam, MD (Co-
Directors); Barbara Burns, PhD, Lucy Berliner, LCSW, Judy Cohen, MD, Kevin
Gully, PhD. with
Elizabeth Power, MEd
TF-CBT Treatment Developed by: Judith A. Cohen, MD, Anthony Mannarino,
PhD & Esther Deblinger, PhD.
Top of page