Phone: (206) 543-5030
Fax: (206) 543-4716
Mental Health Clinic
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-4410
Call us at (206) 583-1551
King County Crisis Line (206) 461-3222 (24 hours)
Scope of care
The Mental Health Clinic at Hall Health uses and effective brief treatment approach. Duration of therapy is usually six to twelve sessions with the goal of rapid stabilization. Our chief goal for is to assist you in returning to the level of functioning required to carry out your work. Exceptions to a brief treatment approach may be made on a case-by-case basis. Psychiatric services, such as medication evaluation, may include follow-up appointments on an indefinite basis. Group therapy is also an exception to a brief treatment approach. We provide a variety of high-quality mental health services to UW students.
- Individual counseling and therapy
- Crisis counseling and intervention
- Group therapy and support groups
- Medication evaluation and management
- Psychiatric services
- Mindfulness meditation
- Same day appointments for those in urgent need
- The BASICS program for students who want to explore their alcohol use
Who is eligible to receive our services?
All current UW students are eligible to receive services from our clinic. We do not typically provide counseling and therapy for UW faculty and staff, as we prioritize our student population. Our convenient campus location, competitive fees, evening hours, and the high caliber of our staff make our clinic a desirable option. We may refer you to another provider if our clinic is unable to meet your needs. Schedule an appointment with us for an evaluation.
We do not provide the following services:
- Intensive outpatient mental health treatment
- 24-hour in-person care
- Treatment has been mandated by the legal system or an employer
We will likely refer you elsewhere if:
- You have an eating disorder and your weight is below 75% of ideal body mass index, or if you meet the criteria for an inpatient program
- You refuse to comply with treatment recommendations
- You do not comply with payment plans
Common issues we can help you with
We provide treatment and support for a multitude of issues including:
Group Therapy & Support Groups
Click here to see the full list of support groups.