Measles Immunization Requirement
All matriculated UW Seattle campus students are required to provide proof of measles immunity. Satisfying this requirement will allow you to register for classes. Two measles vaccines given after you turned one year of age are the standard when vaccinations are used as proof of immunity.
The two vaccines must have been given at least 28 days apart. A lab report showing a positive titer (blood test showing you have either received the vaccine or had measles) for Rubeola measles can also be used as proof.
(Note: Students born before January 1, 1957 are considered immune to measles and do NOT need to submit proof of immunity.)
Hall Health Center administers the UW Measles Requirement program for the UW Registrar’s office. (Exception: See instructions below for students in certain Health Sciences programs.) If you have difficulty meeting the requirement, please contact the Hall Health (see contact information below).
Measles immunity verification instructions have recently changed. UW is now using the MedProctor platform to process immunization paperwork.
Measles verification instructions
- Ensure that you have a working uw.edu email address. You must be able to receive and check your uw.edu email account in order to complete this process.
- Visit MedProctor.
- Select “Register” from the top right corner.
- Create account in MedProctor using your UW email address (@uw.edu). Note that you will continue to have access to Med+Proctor even after you leave UW.
- Complete MedProctor profile.
- Download and print the Immunization Certificate form.
- Have your medical provider complete the Immunization Certificate form.
- Upload an image of the Immunization Certificate form to MedProctor.
You will receive an email from MedProctor within 7-14 days letting you know if the immunization requirement has been met. Be aware that non-compliant submissions require additional time.
If you have difficulty using the MedProctor platform, you may contact MedProctor between 8AM and 4PM Monday through Friday:
- Browse the help topics
- Use the chat feature on the lower right side of the screen
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hall Health Center is unable to provide MedProctor technical support.
Contacting Hall Health Center
UW Measles Requirement hotline
Hall Health Center
UW Measles Requirement
Seattle, WA 98195-4410
Hall Health Center
4060 E Stevens Way NE, just across the street from the HUB
Contacting UW IT for problems with your UW email
For help setting up your UW email in order to register with MedProctor, please contact UW IT.
Certain student groups entering a Health Sciences program at UW are required to submit documentation of a number of completed vaccinations at least two months before starting classes. Hall Health does not administer this vaccination program. Please check with your program to determine if you are required to submit this documentation and visit to the Health Sciences Immunization Program webpage for more information. If you do not have a medical provider to help you obtain any needed vaccines or titers, Hall Health can help! Contact us to schedule an appointment.