We are pleased that you are considering an application to the Pediatric Injury Research Training Program, funded through a National Institutes of Child Health and Human Development T-32 award. Doctoral level Scholars are welcome from all health professions. The Program includes coursework, seminars and an intensively mentored research experience. We will provide our trainees with methodological knowledge and practical skills for conducting high quality interdisciplinary research in an environment that infuses them with the excitement of research, and nurtures their early career development. We believe that our graduates will become research leaders prepared to conduct interdisciplinary research using the highest ethical standards and capitalizing on start of the art research methods.
The Training Program is two years long, with the option of a third year for exceptionally productive trainees. A Master of Public Health or Master of Science degree is available as part of the Training Program. We are now accepting applications forentry into the program in July 2012.
Please read these instructions carefully before completing your application. We currently support online applications. Please click to begin the enrollment process online. Please provide us with all required items on the application. We require a C.V., but do NOT submit a C.V. in lieu of any portion of this application. If you have any additional questions regarding the application process, please call Dr. Rivara at (206) 744-9449 or e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide all application materials via our online application form. If you're not able to provide applications materials via the internet, please print out these materials and send to:
Frederick P. Rivara, MD, MPH
Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center
325 Ninth Ave
Seattle, WA 98104
It is possible to complete a graduate degree while completing the ITHS KL2 program.
Application items to complete
- Application form. Please complete all sections. We understand that some of the material is duplicated on your C.V., but the completed application form will assist the Evaluation Committee in reviewing applicants from different backgrounds. Attach additional pages to list additional employment, training, etc., only after you have included the most important information on the application form.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- a one page personal statement about your interests, background, what you hope to obtain from this training, and long-term career plans
- a two-page description of your specific research interests that you would pursue during the training program, and potential mentors with whom you might work
- Letters of Reference. Please have your referees complete an evaluation form and include it with a letter of support. Request reference letters be sent directly to Dr. Rivara.
Timing of application process
Your application must be received by January 15, 2012. It is your responsibility to ensure that your application is completed and on time. If your application is forwarded to the second round of review, a very important component of this application will be your personal interview with the admissions committee and potential mentors. Applicants will be financially responsible for their own travel and lodging; in some cases of financial hardship, the interviews may be able to be conducted by video link.