Join leading experts on traumatic brain injury for a webinar about research and care for adult TBI patients on April 25, 2018 designed for public health and medical professionals. General registration is $25 and includes a Certificate of Participation, and registration to earn CNE credit is $45.
Webinar: Hot Topics & Best Practice in Adult TBI
April 25, 2018
$25 (Certificate of Participation)
$45 (CNE Credit)
Register online at Eventbrite.
A detailed schedule and link to the webinar will be sent to all registered participants in mid-April, and the webinar will be broadcast via Zoom.
UPDATE: The live webinar has passed, but recordings of the presentation are available online. Please note the Certificate of Participation and CNE Credit options were available only to attendees who preregistered.
Topics & Presenters
- Geriatric TBI: A Special Population with Unique Injuries & Needs with Hilaire Thompson, Ph.D., RN, University of Washington School of Nursing
- Discuss the epidemiology of geriatric TBI in the US and implications for injury prevention and management
- Discuss two structural neurological changes that occur with aging that increase risk for or worsen injury
- Describe two physiological changes that occur in the nervous system with aging and implications for the injured brain.
- Psychiatric Sequelae of Traumatic Brain Injury with Jesse Fann, M.D., MPH, UW Medicine & University of Washington School of Public Health
- Describe the prevalence of psychiatric conditions following TBI
- Describe risk factors for psychiatric conditions following TBI
- Discuss assessment and treatment strategies for psychiatric conditions following TBI
- Rehabilitation and Outcomes after TBI with Jennifer Zumsteg, M.D., University of Washington, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine
- Describe the use of threshold values in functional prognosis after severe TBI
- Describe the role of PM&R in care after TBI across the continuum of care
- Understand the UW TBI Model System including where to find educational information and current initiatives
- In Hospital TBI Care: Principles and Current Evolution with Randall Chesnut, M.D., UW Medicine
- Outline the most important interventions in the early care of sTBI
- Describe the critical steps in recognizing and triaging patients suspected of sTBI
- Understand and describe how the development of TBI management protocols illustrates the problem of technolog misdirecting clinical care instead of guiding it.
- Invisible Wounds: Brain Injury & Domestic Violence with Peg Ogea-Ginsburg, MSW, Injury Prevention Program Manager, Nebraska Dept of HHS and Peggy Reisher, M.A., Executive Director of the Brain Injury Alliance Nebraska
- Recognize and understand traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Articulate the incidence rate of TBI in sample urban and rural domestic violence programs
- Define a TBI screening tool utilized by domestic violence program staff
- Pre-hospital Care with Saman Arbabi, M.D., MPH, UW Medicine
- Understand and describe the importance of prehospital care in outcomes.
- Understand and describe the filters and guidelines used in trauma prehospital care evaluation.
- Understand and describe various systems of transport from the scene to the hospitals.
Are you more focused on TBI in kids? Our pediatric TBI webinar is still available to view and/or earn CNE credit.