1. Kann L, Warren CW, Harris WA et
al. Youth risk behavior surveillance US, 1993. J School Health, 1996;
2. National Committee for Injury Prevention and
Control. Injury Prevention: Meeting the Challenge. Published by Oxford University
Press as a supplement to AMJ Preventive Medicine 1989; 5: 252-260.
3. Eddy DM, Wolpert RL, Rosenberg ML. Estimating
the effectiveness of interventions to prevent youth suicides. Med Care; 25(12
4. Shaffer D, Bacon K. A critical review of preventive
intervention efforts in suicide, with particular reference to youth suicide. In,
Feinlieb M (ed), Report of the Secretarys task Force on Youth Suicide.
Vol 3: Prevention and Interventions in Youth Suicide. Washington DC: DHHS, 1989.
5. Depression and suicide in Gotland. An intensive
study of all suicides before and after a depression-training programme for general
practitioners. J Affect Disord, 1995; 35(4): 147-52.
6. Rutz W, von Knorring L, Walinder J, Wisedt B.
Frequency of suicide in Gotland after systematic postgraduate education of general
practitioners. Acta Psychiatr Scan, 1989; 80: 151-154.
7. Sloan JH, Rivara FP, Reay DT, Ferris JAJ, Kellermann,
AL. Firearm regulations and rates of suicide: a comparison of two metropolitan areas.
NEJM, 1990; 322(6): 369-373.
8. Lester D, Murrell ME. The preventive effect of
strict gun control laws on suicide and homicide. Suicide Life-Threat Behav,
1982; 12(3): 131-40.
9. Buckley NA, Newby DA, Dawson AH, Whyte IM. The
effect of the introduction of safety packaging for carbamazepine on toxicity in
overdose in adults. Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety, 1995; 4(6): 351-354.
10. Lester D. The effects of detoxification of
domestic gas on suicide in the United States. AJPH, 1990; 80(1): 80-81.
11. Hingson R, Merrigan D, Heeren T. Effects of
Massachusetts raising its legal drinking age from 18 to 20 on death from teenage
homicide, suicide, and nontraffic accidents. Pediatr Clin North Am, 1985;
12. Kreitman N. The coal gas story: United Kingdom
suicide rates, 1960-71. Brit J Prev Soc Med, 1976; 30: 86-93.
13. Oliver RG, Hetzel BS. An analysis of recent
trends in suicide rates in Australia. Int J Epidemiol, 1973; 2: 91-101.
14. Miller HL, Coombs DW, Leeper JD, Barton SN.
An analysis of the effects of suicide prevention facilities on suicide rates in
the United States, AJPH, 1984; 74(4): 340-3.
15. Barraclough B, Jennings C. Suicide prevention
by the samaritans: a controlled study of effectiveness. Lancet, 1977: 237-239.
16. Bridge TP, Potkin SG, Zung WW, et al. Suicide
prevention centers: ecological study of effectiveness. Journal of Nervous and
Mental Disease. 1977; 164: 18-24.
17. Weiner W. The effectiveness of a suicide prevention
program. Mental Hygiene, 1969; 53: 357-363.
18. Zenere FJ, Lazarus PJ. The decline of youth
suicidal behavior in an urban multicultural public school system following the introduction
of a suicide prevention and intervention program. Suicide Life Threat Behav,
1997; 27(4): 387-402.
19. MMWR. Suicide prevention evaluation in a Western
Athabaskan American Indian Tribe--New Mexico, 1988-1997. Morbidity Mortality
Weekly Report, 1998; 47(13): 257-261.
20. Wiegersma PA, Hoffman A, Zielhuis GA. Prevention
of suicide by youth health care. Public Health, 1999; 113(3): 125-130.
21. Leisenring DK. Rural youth suicide prevention:
an evaluation of a community-based intervention project.Dissertation-Abstracts
International-Section B-Science and Engineering, 2000; 60(7-B): 3570.
22. Kalaft J. Prevention of youth suicide. Healthy
Children 2010: Enhancing children's wellness, 1997; 8: 175-213.
23. Aoun S. Deliberate self-harm in rural Western
Australia: results of an intervention study. Aust N Z J Ment Health Nurs,
1999; 8 (2): 65-73.
24. Van Heeringen C, Jannes S, Buylaert W, Henderick
H, DeBacquer D, Van Remoortel J. The management of non-compliance with referral
to out-patient after care among attempted suicide patients: a controlled intervention.
Psychol Med, 1995; 25 (5): 963-970.
25. Cummings P, Grossman DC, Rivara FP, Koepsell
TD. State gun safe storage laws and child mortality due to firearms. JAMA,
1997; 278 (13): 1084-1086.
26. Cantor CH, Slater PJ. The impact of firearm
control legislation on suicide in Queensland: preliminary findings. Med J Aust,
1995; 162 (11): 583-585.
27. Loftin C, McDowall D, Wiersema B, Cottey TJ.
Effects of restrictive licensing of handguns on homicide and suicide in the District
of Columbia. New England J of Medicine, 1991; 325 (23): 1615-1620.
28. Cummings P, Koepsell TD, Grossman DC, Savarino
J, Thompson RS. The association between the purchse of a handgun and homicide or
suicide. Am J Public Health, 1997; 87 (6): 974-978.
29. Beautrais AL, Joyce PR, Mulder RT. Access to
firearms and the risk of suicide: a case control study. Aus N Z J of Psychiatry,
1996; 30: 741-748.
30. Brent DA, Perper JA, Moritz G, Baugher M, Schweers
J, Roth C. Firearms and adolescent suicide: a community case control study. Am
J Dis Child, 1993; 147: 1066-1071.
31. Kellerman AL, Rivara FP, Somes G, et al. Suicide
in the home in relation to gun ownership. N Engl J Med, 1992; 327: 467-472.
32. Brent DA, Perper JA, Allman CJ, Moritz GM,
Wartella M, Zelenak JP. The presence and accessibility of firearms in the homes
of adolescent suicides: a case-control study. JAMA, 1991; 266: 2989-2995.
33. Birckmayer J, Hemenway D. Minimum-age drinking
laws and youth suicide, 1970-1990. Am J Public Health, 1999; 89 (9): 1365-1368.
34. Metha A, Weber B, Webb LD. Youth suicide prevention:
a survey and analysis of policies and efforts in the 50 states. Suicide Life
Threat Behav, 1998; 28 (2): 150-164.
35. Gunnell D, Middelton N, Frankel S. Method availability
and the prevention of a suicide: a re-analysis of secular trends in England and
Wales 1950-1975. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol, 2000; 25: 437-443.
36. Hawton K, Townsend E, Deeks J, Appleby L, Gunnell
D, Bennewith O, Cooper J. Effects of legislation restricting pack sizes of paracetamol
and salicylate on self poisoning in the United Kingdom: before and after study.
British Medical Journal, 2001; 322: 1-7.