Beth Ebel, M.D., M.Sc., MPH
We are working to encourage safe travel, improve conditions for active transportation (e.g. walking, biking, public transport), respond to emerging road traffic challenges (e.g. distraction, marijuana-impairment), and prevent traffic-related injury and death. We aim to do this through collaborative research, education and public awareness.
- 2016 HIPRC INSIGHT Student Distracted Driving Campaign
- Damsere-Derry J, Ebel BE, Mock CN, et al. (2010) Pedestrians’ injury patterns in Ghana. Accid Anal Prev.
- Davidson GH, Rivara FP, Mack CD, et al. (2014) Validation of prehospital trauma triage criteria for motor vehicle collisions. J Trauma Acute Care Surg.
- Ebel BE, Diehr P, Mack C, Rivara FP. (2004) Lost working days and productivity for motor vehicle crash occupants. Inj Prev.
- Ebel BE, Koepsell TD, Bennett EE, Rivara FP. (2003) Use of child booster seats in motor vehicles following a community campaign: A controlled trial. JAMA.
- Lapidus JA, Smith NH, Lutz T, et al. (2013) Trends and correlates of child passenger restraint use in 6 Northwest tribes: The Native Children Always Ride Safe (Native CARS) project. Am J Public Health.
- O’Connor SS, Whitehill JM, King KM, et al. (2013) Compulsive cell phone use and history of motor vehicle crash. J Adolesc Health.
- Oreskovic NM, Blossom J, Robinson AI, et al. (2014) The influence of the built environment on outcomes from a “walking school bus study”: A cross-sectional analysis using geographical information systems. Geospat Health.
- Quistberg DA, Koepsell TD, Miranda J, et al. (2014) Pedestrian signalization and the risk of pedestrian motor vehicle collisions in Lima, Peru. Accid Anal Prev.
- Sallis JF, Conway TL, Dillon LI, et al. (2013) Environmental and demographic correlates of bicycling. Prev Med.
Recent Publications: Safe & Active Transport
Research projects are organized by PI and their respective Section Membership. HIPRC Faculty may belong to multiple Sections.
Research Projects: Safe & Active Transport
|Caleb Banta-Green||Alcohol & Drug Abuse Institute||A Trial to Prevent Opioid Overdose: E.D. Based Intervention & Take-home Naloxone|
|Caleb Banta-Green||Alcohol & Drug Abuse Institute||Evaluation of Initial Washington Department of Health Prescription Monitoring Program Implementation|
|Caleb Banta-Green||Alcohol & Drug Abuse Institute||Impact Of Cannabis On Impaired Drivers In Washington|
|Caleb Banta-Green||Alcohol & Drug Abuse Institute||Public Health and Safety Impacts of Marijuana Retail Stores on Communities|
|Laura Blanar||Health Services||Relationship of cognitive decline and automobile crash risk|
|Linda Boyle||Civil & Environmental Engineering||Educating Teen Drivers|
|Eileen Bulger||Surgery||Prehospital Tranexamic Acid Use for Traumatic Brian Injury|
|Eileen Bulger Robert Kaufman||Surgery||CIREN (Crash Injury Research & Engineering Network)|
|Beth Ebel||Pediatrics||Child Safety Seat Intervention for Pacific Northwest Tribes|
|Beth Ebel||Pediatrics||Pediatric Injury Research Training Program (T32)|
|Beth Ebel||Pediatrics||Strengthening Injury Control Research in Ghana and West Africa|
|Beth Ebel||Pediatrics||University of Washington Comparative Effectiveness Research Career Development Program (K12)|
|Beth Ebel Ali Rowhani-Rahbar||Pediatrics Epidemiology||Effects of Cannabis on Driving|
|Jason Mendoza||Pediatrics||A Wearable Health Device to Promote Teenagers’ Physical Activity: A Pilot RCT|
|Jason Mendoza||Pediatrics||Evaluation of a Walking School Bus Program: A Cluster Randomized Controlled Trial|
|Jason Mendoza||Pediatrics||The Bicycle Train and Children’s Physical Activity: A Pilot Cluster RCT|
|Fred Rivara Brian Saelens||Pediatrics||Structural & Programmatic Effects of Bus Rapid Transit on Physical Activity|
|Ali Rowhani-Rahbar||Epidemiology||Mental Illness and Injury|