- Mentored Summer Projects
- Special Student Seminar Program
- Clinical Observations
- Work-In-Progress Sessions
- Journal Clubs
- End of Session Presentations
- Application opens November 1st, 2014
- Submission deadline is February 1st, 2015
- Current high school, undergraduate, or graduate students are eligible
Scholarship opportunities for underrepresented minorities
- Transcript with overall GPA of 3.0
- One Letter of Teacher Recommendation
Download the application and teacher recommendation form, complete, and email to email@example.com.
Or mail it to us at: Harborview Injury Prevention & Research Center, 325 9th Ave, Box #359960, Seattle, WA 98104
"At my first day at the center, I was immediately impressed at all the opportunities that HIPRC had for me not only to be a better researcher, but a better medical student. All the researchers from different backgrounds--Public Heath, Epidemiology, Medicine-- taught me how to hone my analytic skills to collect and utilize information effectively for my research projects.
Furthermore, summer students were allowed to shadow anesthesiologists and neurosurgeons in the OR two days a week-- an experience that greatly influenced my decision to pursue anesthesiology as a speciality today."
- Shan Modi, University of Texas Medical Branch, Medical Student
2014 HIPRC Summer Students
Pictured (left to right):
Ujwala Kumar, Arthi Narayanan, Leyna Ho
Alexandria Lahdya, Rajiv Ayyagari, Leah Thompson
Matt Li, Tom Wilson, Shan Modi, Tiffany Vogt, Mia Vogel, Manya Segireddy
"I would definitely recommend this program to high school and undergraduate students. I would have loved to take advantage of this program when I was at that stage and I would have learned so much from the seminars."
- Alexandria Lahdya, 2014 Summer Student