Items should not be stored in public corridors per Seattle Fire Department Code and University policy. These
corridors are designated exit routes. Keep them clear for emergency evacuation and emergency responders.
Hallways that are classified as suite areas may have some variances.
Please contact Building Management at 685-0143 or firstname.lastname@example.org if
you have any questions.
Do not abandon items in the hallways or on the loading docks. Contact Surplus to
have these items removed from your department.
Hallways are inspected for improperly stored or abandoned items. All efforts are made to trace these items to
faculty, staff or departments.
- Seattle Fire Department fire and safety inspections are conducted annually and upon request by Environmental
Health and Safety staff.
- Spot checks are completed as frequently as possible by Building Management.
- Storage of equipment, furniture, and/or office/research items should be handled within a department.
- Renting storage space off campus may be necessary.
- Building Management has limited, short-term storage space that may be used in an emergency. Availability of
space is not guaranteed and not for long-term storage. You may inquire about this short-term storage, but will
always be asked if you have worked with your department first. Call Building Management at 685-0143.
[top of page]
Privacy | TermsCopyright © 2006-2011 HSAS&F. All Rights Reserved