30th Anniversary of the Extended MPH Degree Program
It's the 30th Anniversary of the Extended MPH Degree Program!!
Started in 1980, the program has graduated over 500 public health leaders. Graduates of the program have become local, national, and international public heath decision-makers. No surprise, since the rigor of the program is high in comparison to most other MPH programs across the country. In addition, the students who enter this program average nine years of experience, which elevates the level of discussions way past entry level. And last, but never least, the UW School of Public Health faculty/instructors are world class.
The program will be attending a number of events in the near future, and hope to see you at one of them. It's a great time of celebration, and a number of other important organizations are also celebrating anniversaries: UW School of Public Health (40 years), Northwest Center for Public Health Practice (20 years), and the Washington State Public Health Association (75 years).
Please join us at:
- The Joint Conference on Health in Yakima, WA on October 11-12th. Please especially join us at the WSPHA fundraiser Monday night for a fun evening of wine tasting and dinner. Tickets for this event must be purchased ahead-of-time.
- The Oregon Public Health Association annual conference in Corvallis, OR on October 18-19th
- The Madigan Army Medical Center Fall Faculty Development Conference (Dr. Jane Vella is their Keynote speaker and the conference is also open to non-military personnel)
- The APHA conference on November 6-10 in Denver, CO.
- And more…to be announced.