Jobs - RA and TA positions
(Posted on: March 5, 2013)
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
GRADUATE STUDENT TEACHING ASSISTANT
SPRING QUARTER 2013
Position Title: Teaching Assistant
Class: HSMGMT 513 B&C
Supervising Faculty: Doug Conrad, PhD
Employment Period: April 1, 2013 to June 15, 2013
Hours per week: 10-20 (25-50% FTE) negotiable
Position Description: Douglas Conrad, PhD, Professor of Health Services and Adjunct Professor of Finance and Business Economics, is seeking a Teaching Assistant (TA) for Spring Quarter 2013 for the course, Seminar in Health Care Finance (HSMGMT 513 B&C), which is a required component of the Executive Program in Health Services Administration (EMHA) at the University of Washington (UW).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- 10-20 hours per week (negotiable with the candidate): April 1, 2013 – June 14, 2013
- Office hours with students (conducted via e-mail, webinar, or periodic on-site sessions at the EMHA teaching facility: Park 140 in Bellevue
- Grading three health care finance problem sets (supported by answer key and consultation with Dr. Conrad)
- Assisting Dr. Conrad with supplementary course materials (additional readings and reference materials)
- Assisting Dr. Conrad in grading three team-based case studies during the term
- At least second year status in the PhD, MHA, MBA, or similar UW graduate programs
- Excellent familiarity with managerial finance (investment and financing decisions and related principles of financial economics): Required
- Working knowledge of health services delivery, financing, organization, and payment: Preferred
Eligibility: Must be a matriculated student by first date of employment
Salary: This is a GSA position governed by the UAW contract paid in accordance with 2012-2013 TA/RA/SA Salary Schedules. http://www.grad.washington.edu/students/fa/salaries/salary-schedules.shtml
*Fee Based Student: It is the policy of the Department of Health Services to reimburse tuition at Graduate Resident Tier 1 level. http://www.washington.edu/admin/pb/home/pdf/tuition/2011-12/tf-sea-aut%207.pdf the student is responsible for all remaining tuition and fees.
Please note: All employees hired in the Department of Health Services require a background check
This is may be a Benefits eligible position depending upon negotiated hours. http://www.washington.edu/admin/hr/benefits/insure/gaip/
To Apply: Go to URL http://depts.washington.edu/hserv/jobs#Applying and follow the instructions. Email application materials to Susan Lien firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to Dr. Conrad email@example.com please include the position posting #6092 in your email subject line. In addition, please label all attachements with your last name.
A copy of the course syllubus can be obtained at the Additional Details link below.
You may contact Dr. Conrad directly by phoning (206) 616-2923 or emailing if you have questions regarding course details or expectations of the position.
Deadline: Submit your application materials by March 29, 2013.
Acceptance: If offered the position the candidate (must) accept within one week.
Notification: Those candidates not hired will be notified via email.
[ Additional Details ]
The University of Washington reaffirms its policy of equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam era veteran in accordance with University policy and applicable federal and state statutes and regulations. The University of Washington is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process contact the department at 206-616-2935 or the Disability Services Office at least ten days in advance at: 206.543.6450/V, 206.543.6452/TTY, 206.685.7264 (FAX), or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.