Health Services PhD at AcademyHealth ARM 2017
Sixteen of our Health Services PhD students and numerous faculty and alumni attended the AcademyHealth Annual Research Meeting (ARM) in New Orleans, LA from June 25-27, 2017. Our students and alumni presented more than 20 poster and podium presentations at ARM, and enjoyed a gathering at a local restaurant, Annunciation. Event photos are viewable here.
In addition, several of our AHRQ T32 trainees presented at the 23rd Annual NRSA Research Trainees Conference on the preceding Saturday the 24th.
Photo: Doctoral student Ann Nguyen presenting her research poster "Model for Evaluation Design of Shared Decision Making Interventions"
- Avila, Rosa. Advancing Improvements in MCH Outcomes Using Local Area Estimates and the 2016 National Survey of Children's Health: An Overview of Methods and Field Applications, Monday, June 26, 8:00AM - 9:15AM, Elite Hall, Poster Board Number 674
- Beckman, Kerry. Sexual Assault During Military Service in a National Sample of Transgender Veterans, Saturday, June 24, 10:30AM - 12:00PM, Strand 7
- Fishleder, Sarah. Development and Preliminary Testing of an Instrument to Evaluate Clinical-Community Linkages and to Guide Action for Community Organizations, Monday, June 26, 8:00AM - 9:15AM, Elite Hall, Poster Board Number 680
- Fishleder, Sarah. Predictors of Physical Function and Program Attendance Among Participants in Enhancefitness, an Evidence-Based Physical Activity Program for Older Adults, Sunday, June 25, 12:15 PM - 1:45PM, Elite Hall, Poster Board Number 112
- Nguyen, Ann. How Consumers Review Physicians on Yelp: Perspectives from Around the World, Sunday, June 25, 12:15 PM-1:45PM, Elite Hall, Poster Board Number 55
- Nguyen, Ann. Model for Evaluation Design of Shared Decision Making Interventions, Monday, June 26, 8:00AM - 9:15AM, Elite Hall, Poster Board Number 695
- Park, Sungchul. Assessing Individual-Level Prediction Accuracy of Risk Adjustment Methods, Monday, June 26, 8:00AM - 9:15AM, Elite Hall, Poster Board Number 699
- Park, Sungchul. Developing and Empirical Model on Social Capital and Child Dental Care Use: A Preliminary Confounder Analysis - with Dr. Chi and Dr. Edwards, Monday, June 26th, 10:10AM - 10:30AM, Bolden 1
- Park, Sungchul. Theoretical and Empirical Analysis of Service-Level Selection in Response to Risk Adjustment: Evidence from Medicare Advantage, Monday, June 26, 8:00AM - 9:15AM, Elite Hall, Poster Board Number 501
- Sanchez, Janeth. Evaluation of the Eat Healthy, Be Active Community Workshops among Hispanic Women, Saturday, June 24th, 12:45PM - 2:15PM, Elite Hall, Poster Number 24.
- Segal, Courtney. Patient Satisfaction, Confidence, and Trust of Providers Among Older Adults with Osteoarthritis, Saturday, June 24th, 12:45PM - 2:15PM, Elite Hall, Poster Number 30
- Sterling, Ryan. Direct-to-Consumer Telemedicine: A Look at Early Adopters through the Lens of an Integrative Implementation Science Framework, Monday, June 26th, 8:00AM - 9:15AM, Elite Hall, Poster Board Number 848
- Woersching, Alex. Can a Mail Brochure Campaign Increase Use of a Price Shopping Website Among Insureds in Need of Clinical Services?, Sunday, June 25, 12:15 PM - 1:45PM, Elite Hall, Poster Board Number 82
- Brenner, Alison. University of North Carolina, #949 A Pragmatic Trial Testing Mailed Reminders with and without Fecal Immunochemical Testing to Increase Colorectal Cancer Screening in Low Income Populations
- Romaire, Melissa. RTI International Impact of Medicaid Incentives on Utilization and Costs: Findings from the Medicaid Incentives for the Prevention of Chronic Diseases Model
- Romaire, Melissa. RTI International, #919 Impact of Primary Care Medical Homes on Expenditures and Utilization for Beneficiaries with Behavioral Health Conditions: Findings from the MultiPayer Advanced Primary Care Practice Demonstration
- Shepherd-Banigan, Megan. Durham VA Medical Center, #318 Nonpharmacologic Treatments for Menopause-Associated Vasomotor Symptoms
- Shepherd-Banigan, Megan. U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, #149 Comprehensive Support for Family Caregivers of Post-9/11 Veterans: Impact on Veteran Utilization of LongTerm Services and Supports
- Shepherd-Banigan, Megan. U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, #923 The Effect of Support and Training for Family Members on Access to Outpatient Services for Veterans with and without Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- White, Lindsay. University of Washington Medicare Expenditures Attributable to Dementia
- Zeliadt, Steven. Veterans Health Administration, #940 Proactive Telephone Outreach for Integrating Smoking Cessation Into Delivery of Lung Cancer Screening