All students admitted to the doctoral program are required to earn a minimum of 100 credits.
The program requirements include:
- 12 or 13 required courses (depending on options chosen)
- a minimum of 5 courses in an Area of Emphasis
- a minimum of 9 quarters of research seminar
- a written preliminary examination
- a written and oral general examinations
- a dissertation (minimum of 30 credits)
- a dissertation defense
Time to Graduation:
It is expected that most students will complete their PhD degree within 4-5 years. Average time to graduation is 4 years.