All students admitted to the doctoral program are required to complete a minimum of 100 credits.
- required Core Courses (minimum of 37 credits)
- a minimum of 5 courses or 15 credits in an Area of Emphasis
- doctoral courses in Advanced Theory and Methods in Health Services (50 credits including a minimum of 30 dissertation credits)
- a written preliminary examination
- written and oral general examinations
- a dissertation
- dissertation defense
It is expected that most students will complete their PhD degree within 4-5 years. Average time to graduation is 4 years.