Additional Event Guidelines

Food & Beverages

If your event will not be catered by a University caterer or supplier, or if any of the food will be sold or given away to the public or general campus community, or if you are an ASUW club preparing food, you are required to fill out the Application for Temporary Food Service Events. Please visit the EH&S webpage for deadlines, additional forms, and food service criteria.

Barbecues are permitted only at the SCC Terrace. Please read the Barbecue Focus Sheet and the Barbecue Safety Precautions if you are planning a barbecue. You must also fill out the Application for Temporary Food Service Events.

Any catered event will require the set up of special event containers. Failure to reserve special event containers may result in cleaning fees. To reserve containers or for more information, please review the special event containers sections for Health Sciences/Foege/UWMC and for South Campus Center.


Alcoholic Beverages

If alcoholic beverages will be served at your event, you are required to obtain a Banquet Permit. Visit Authorization to Apply for a Banquet Permit. Alcohol is not permitted in the Health Sciences lobby at anytime.


RUUF Form information

If you are a non-UW organization/individual wishing to use one of our spaces and/or if you will have non-UW attendees at your event (i.e. open to the public), you must fill out the Request for Use of University Facilities (RUUF) form. Please visit the Office of Special Programs webpage for more information. If your RUUF form is denied by the Office of Special Programs, your room reservation will be canceled.


Moving existing furniture

You are required to contact Moving & Surplus to have the existing furniture moved or removed from our special event spaces before your event and to have it replaced to its original configuration afterwards. Please do not move the furniture yourselves. Failure to contact Moving & Surplus to have the furniture moved or failure to return the furniture to the original layout may result in additional fees.


Advertising events

The Enunciator is an event advertising system which displays the event title, department, date, time and location on television screens in the T- & E-wings of the Health Sciences Building. If you would like an event to be advertised on the Enunciator, please send a request conveying the event information to at least one week prior to the event, as the Enunciator is updated on a weekly basis.

To post on the bulletin boards found in the T-wing, in the Rotunda, and across the hallway from E-Court Café, you must have your fliers approved by Building Management in HSB T283. Approvals for posting flyers on bulletin boards in the South Campus Center are completed at the HSRR office.


Disability Services

To request disability accommodation and for more information, please visit the Disability Services Office webpage.


Special Event Containers