Please be sure to acknowledge NIH support on any publications or presentation you make of your Fogarty-funded research and submit your publication to PubMed Central. NIH requires both acknowledgement of funding and a disclaimer statement. More information on funding acknowledgement and disclaimer statements on your publications can be found here: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/acknow.htm
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT NIH SUPPORT OF YOUR RESEARCH
All publications resulting from research supported by an IARTP/Fogarty award must acknowledge such support with the following or a comparable footnote. The grant numbers are funding sources vary for trainees in the HIV Care Cascade and Women & HIV programs.
Example Acknowledgement Statements:
- This project was supported by NIH Research Grant [insert appropriate grant number], funded by the Fogarty International Center.
- Supported by the International AIDS Research and Training Program through a grant from the Fogarty International Center, National Institutes of Health [insert appropriate grant number].
- [Your name] was a scholar in the International AIDS Research and Training Program, supported by the Fogarty International Center, NIH Research Grant [insert appropriate grant number].
IARTP Training Program Grant Numbers:
- For IARTP training prior to August 2013, please use grant number D43 TW000007.
- For IARTP training funded by the HIV Care Cascade program, please use grant number D43 TW009580.
- If your HIV Care Cascade training occurred in 2018 or later, use the following acknowledgement statement that includes the National Institute of Mental Health: This project was supported by NIH Research Grant D43 TW009580, funded by the Fogarty International Center, National Institute on Drug Abuse, and National Institute of Mental Health
- For IARTP training funded by the Women and HIV program, please grant number D43 TW009783.
Include the following disclaimer statement in your publication: The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.
PubMed Central Submission Requirement
The Fogarty International Center is supported by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), which is funded by US tax dollars. The NIH Public Access Policy requires that all publications supported by NIH grants be submitted to PubMed Central (PMC). Research results posted in PubMed Central are available to the public, clinicians, and researchers at no charge. Publications must have a PMC identification number, called PMCID. Publications which must be compliant with the NIH Public Access Policy include published results of NIH-funded research (even if just partially funded by NIH), for which you are the author, or that arise from your award. There are a number of submission methods, found here: http://publicaccess.nih.gov/submit_process.htm
The most common method is to submit the final peer-reviewed manuscript in PMC yourself (as the author). More information can be found on the NIH Public Access homepage: http://publicaccess.nih.gov/index.htm.
Here are the general steps :
- Upload document into PMC via NIHMS http://nihms.nih.gov/
- “Authorize” in NIHMS its availability to the public by confirming that you have retained the right to deposit the document in PMC.
- NIHMS “processes” the manuscript for use in PMC. This may take some time.
- NIHMS e-mails the author to approve the PMC-formatted manuscript.
- The author/researcher approves the PMC-formatted manuscript in NIHMS.
- You receive a PMCID # for that publication and it is displayed in PMC.
- Once a PMCID # is available, use that # at the end of each full citation in proposals and reports. Do not use the PMID which is not the same thing. (PMID is a number for the abstract and not the full text.)